Looking for a General Contractor serving Mission Viejo area

ladera3h

Hi all,

I'm looking at a general contractor who can handle a whole-house home remodel project including: mid-high-end kitchen, 3 new bathrooms, new flooring, etc. Please recommend some good numbers to call.

Thank you!

Good luck. I'm meeting with GCs right now for a property in LA. Every meeting and estimate reinforces my bias toward buying a new home in Irvine, rather than rehabing an older home here. I'm strongly considering avoiding a GC, and just sub-ing out all of the projects I want completed.

e.g. One GC estimate included a $9,800 charge to remove and replace the garage concrete slab. I had a concrete guy provide a $4,500 estimate for the same work, and his estimate details everything he'd be doing.

Out of curiosity. What part of LA?

Perspective said:
Good luck. I'm meeting with GCs right now for a property in LA. Every meeting and estimate reinforces my bias toward buying a new home in Irvine, rather than rehabing an older home here. I'm strongly considering avoiding a GC, and just sub-ing out all of the projects I want completed.

e.g. One GC estimate included a $9,800 charge to remove and replace the garage concrete slab. I had a concrete guy provide a $4,500 estimate for the same work, and his estimate details everything he'd be doing.

We already bought an old home so no way back. I know lots of GCs suck and some charge really high fees.

I'm looking for good recommendations that can help us bringing in the right subcontractors with the proper order and alleviate our pain going through the process.

Thank you! We did call Inspired Remodel but their starting time has to be 4 months later so we dropped them.

Any other recommendations? We are in deep conversations with 2 other GCs.

Back