Parking

newjccy

My house is one of the Jade Court homes at the end of the street, where I must share the drive way with the neighbor's garage attached to mine.  My neighbor's Nissan SUV has parked on the shared drive away at least 6 hours per day from Monday to Saturday.  The same vehicle also has been keeping park overnight at the shared drive way during major holidays.  I cannot back out then drive out to the main street.  Since I must always back to the main street, I cannot get a better vision for people walking through the drive way and coming vehicles at the main street.  I called and sent email with photo evidence to Jade Court community manager Andrea today morning. No email reply from her so far.  I remember when my husband and I bought this home, we signed the Jade Court Parking policy about the shared drive way.  If there were no street parking, I won't say anything. But every time this vehicle parked at the shared drive way, there were plenty of street parking. 

First thing I need to say, park your vehicle at your garage.  Second, we are the American have already overweight. Why don't we move our bottoms to get about 2 mins walk from the street parking to our houses.  Last, park your vehicle at the legitimate spots not drive away.  It's easy to get an accident especially when it's dark and people try to get out their garages.

newjccy said:
My house is one of the Jade Court homes at the end of the street, where I must share the drive way with the neighbor's garage attached to mine.  My neighbor's Nissan SUV has parked on the shared drive away at least 6 hours per day from Monday to Saturday.  The same vehicle also has been keeping park overnight at the shared drive way during major holidays.  I cannot back out then drive out to the main street.  Since I must always back to the main street, I cannot get a better vision for people walking through the drive way and coming vehicles at the main street.  I called and sent email with photo evidence to Jade Court community manager Andrea today morning. No email reply from her so far.  I remember when my husband and I bought this home, we signed the Jade Court Parking policy about the shared drive way.  If there were no street parking, I won't say anything. But every time this vehicle parked at the shared drive way, there were plenty of street parking. 

First thing I need to say, park your vehicle at your garage.  Second, we are the American have already overweight. Why don't we move our bottoms to get about 2 mins walk from the street parking to our houses.  Last, park your vehicle at the legitimate spots not drive away.  It's easy to get an accident especially when it's dark and people try to get out their garages.

Have you consider taking to them or leaving them a note?

Inconsiderate neighbor just sucks.

For some reason, CV's HOA has been pretty relax lately. They use to have someone patrolling the neighborhood looking for violations but they haven't doing that for a while now.  Otherwise, your neighbor shouldn't be able to park like that for such a long time. 

But nevertheless, take pics and report every single incidents to them and hopefully the HOA will take care the issue.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I would talk with your neighbor or leave a note if you are not comfortable. If that doesn't work, I would take pictures and email it to the HOA.

Have them towed. They clearly don't care about how they are inconveniencing you and you shouldn't care about getting their car towed.

Just curious, what exactly does the Jade Court parking policy say regarding parking in a shared driveway? 

why bother with talking to them or a note?  Just let the air out of their tires, and if that doesn't work, key their car.  its the passive-aggressive way!

freedomcm said:
why bother with talking to them or a note?  Just let the air out of their tires, and if that doesn't work, key their car.  its the passive-aggressive way!

You should also mention the consequences if that person gets caught doing what you suggested.  ;)

What I do when this one person parks their jalopy in front of my house is I call the sheriff (police in your case) and make an "Abandoned Vehicle" report.

They'll ask you how long it's been sitting there. (Say 3 days or more.) The officer will come out and chalk the tires. They leave a note on the car. They'll also run the plates to see if there are any outstanding issues associated with the vehicle. If the car isn't moved within the stated time frame, they will tow it. Now, obviously the last part may not come to fruition. All the owner technically has to do is move the car, even if they move it just barely. They could drive in a circle and come right back and the chalk will not line up with the pavement so it can't be towed. But it lets them know someone is watching -- that helps. They get paranoid and park somewhere else. One of my neighbors got his new Mercedes impounded after they ran the plates. Could have had outstanding tickets, who knows. (I didn't call on that one.) Maybe your neighbor would have similar issues associated with their vehicle. You can only hope!  :)

I understand your side. On the other hand, is this high priority? Could the cops be doing something else to combat crime?

But I guess giving out parking tickets in residential areas makes the city safer and is super high priority. While there is a car speeding by parks or a drug transaction might be happening at the known bad side of town.

SoCal said:
What I do when this one person parks their jalopy in front of my house is I call the sheriff (police in your case) and make an "Abandoned Vehicle" report.

They'll ask you how long it's been sitting there. (Say 3 days or more.) The officer will come out and chalk the tires. They leave a note on the car. They'll also run the plates to see if there are any outstanding issues associated with the vehicle. If the car isn't moved within the stated time frame, they will tow it. Now, obviously the last part may not come to fruition. All the owner technically has to do is move the car, even if they move it just barely. They could drive in a circle and come right back and the chalk will not line up with the pavement so it can't be towed. But it lets them know someone is watching -- that helps. They get paranoid and park somewhere else. One of my neighbors got his new Mercedes impounded after they ran the plates. Could have had outstanding tickets, who knows. (I didn't call on that one.) Maybe your neighbor would have similar issues associated with their vehicle. You can only hope!  :)

eyephone said:
I understand your side. On the other hand, is this high priority? Could the cops be doing something else to combat crime?

But I guess giving out parking tickets in residential areas makes the city safer and is super high priority. While there is a car speeding by parks or a drug transaction might be happening at the known bad side of town.

SoCal said:

I'm not referring to 911. I'm talking about the non-emergency line.

Law enforcement will prioritize calls however they see fit.

Talk it out with the neighbor. If that doesn't change the behavior, then you can start looking at other options. Give them the benefit of doubt and have a conversation.

SoCal said:
eyephone said:

SoCal said:

I'm not referring to 911. I'm talking about the non-emergency line.

Law enforcement will prioritize calls however they see fit.

Let's be honest does a car that is parked for over three days a threat to the city or residence? (maybe if your story was an Rv was park there for days and people were coming and going. A person might assume they might be dealing drugs or might be prostitution. But that's not the story.)

So maybe it's their fault responding to your complaint. Who knows! Lol  ;)

HMart said:
I still don't understand why the original thread poster didn't speak to their literal next door neighbor.

I've heard the residents of Irvine sometimes aren't very neighborly.  People don't talk to each other, and the kids are too busy doing homework to play outside.  That must be where all these passive aggressive suggestions are coming from.  It's easy to assume the worst about a neighbor that you've never bothered to talk to.

Liar Loan said:
HMart said:
I still don't understand why the original thread poster didn't speak to their literal next door neighbor.

I've heard the residents of Irvine sometimes aren't very neighborly.  People don't talk to each other, and the kids are too busy doing homework to play outside.  That must be where all these passive aggressive suggestions are coming from.  It's easy to assume the worst about a neighbor that you've never bothered to talk to.

So would you recommend to do the following below?

freedomcm said:

eyephone said:
Let's be honest does a car that is parked for over three days a threat to the city or residence? (maybe if your story was an Rv was park there for days and people were coming and going. A person might assume they might be dealing drugs or might be prostitution. But that's not the story.)

So maybe it's their fault responding to your complaint. Who knows! Lol  ;)

You want us to be "honest". Okay... What kind of snide response is that? You can't be serious.

An abandoned vehicle absolutely could be a problem. You must use your best judgement. Anytime a person feels something is up, it's best to go with your gut, do your part, and let the police do their job.

An abandoned vehicle could be involved in illegal activity and dumped there. The one I called about sat there for days. Accident damage. Busted tail light held together with masking tape. Weathered paint. Covered in leaves, dust and debris. Older model vehicle, not the normal thing you would see around the neighborhood. No owner in sight. Wasn't even sure it was running. Absolutely fit the definition of an abandoned vehicle. I have zero regrets about calling. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Would recommend others call if they see any red flags, too.

Since then, I discovered it belongs to a pack rat half a block away who uses the free curb in front of my house as their personal dumping ground. If they intend to make their garbage a permanent fixture in front of someone else's home, they should expect it to be treated as such. Don't like it? Too bad. I don't like inconsiderate neighbors.

There was a resident nearby a few days ago who received a knock at her door from a man asking for jumper cables. Something just didn't sit right with her. She called the cops. Jumper cables wouldn't have helped. The engine was disabled by OnStar. It turned out the car was stolen. Good thing she was proactive. K-9 units and officers with guns drawn were surrounding the vehicle within minutes.
maybe if your story was an Rv was park there for days and people were coming and going. A person might assume they might be dealing drugs or might be prostitution. But that's not the story.
You don't have to step in manure to know it's manure.

If you know the neighbor who owns the car and you are friendly with them, maybe you talk to them, but it could still end up in an uncomfortable situation.

It's usually best to let the HOA handle it as you do pay them to enforce their rules.

Not sure if the police can do anything inside tracts like Jade Court as those are usually considered private streets but I'm not a cop.

lnc said:

For some reason, CV's HOA has been pretty relax lately. They use to have someone patrolling the neighborhood looking for violations but they haven't doing that for a while now.

Is it guard-gated? If so, call the guard shack directly if possible so they can dispatch patrol. If not, get on the horn w/ the mgmn't company to have them dispatch patrol.

SoCal said:
lnc said:

For some reason, CV's HOA has been pretty relax lately. They use to have someone patrolling the neighborhood looking for violations but they haven't doing that for a while now.

Is it guard-gated? If so, call the guard shack directly if possible so they can dispatch patrol. If not, get on the horn w/ the mgmn't company to have them dispatch patrol.

No, it's not gated and there's no guard. 

It's just the CV's HOA personnel drive around the blocks looking for violations. 

Back