Good, Affordable Car Wash??

potsticker

Seeking recommendations for car washes in Irvine. Manny's at the Marketplace is pretty much terrible as is Car Spa. On top of that - both are expensive at $20-$25 for a wash with tip. Not looking for anything special - just an exterior wash plus interior vacuum.

Where do you guys go?

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Seeking recommendations for car washes in Irvine. Manny's at the Marketplace is pretty much terrible as is Car Spa. On top of that - both are expensive at $20-$25 for a wash with tip. Not looking for anything special - just an exterior wash plus interior vacuum.

Where do you guys go?

My buddy has a guy that comes to the house for $20. Seems like the best deal.

http://www.fast5xpress.com
Express car wash from $6-$14. It's the new standard of car washes especially with minimum wages going up in CA. They wash the exterior of your car and you vacuum the interior and they give you a dash wipe for the interior.
They have a location of Main & Harvard

Fast5xpress is good for a quick cheap wash but weekdays are best to go - can get busy on weekends
But I have a guy that comes to the house for $20 per car, does a great job, super convenient. PM me if you want the contact.

jmoney74 said:
best_potsticker_in_town said:

Where do you guys go?

My buddy has a guy that comes to the house for $20. Seems like the best deal.

Isn't there a TI person that foam washes his car for free?  ;) :D

Lake Forest car wash. At the corner of Irvine and Bake by far is the best deal. For $12.95 a month, you can take ur car unlimited. I always run my car thru two times each visit to ensure a complete clean. This is not a hands wash only station. I've been pretty happy with them.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
And his motorcourt... and the fish in the ocean.

So what's the difference between washing your car at home yourself and paying a person to clean your car at your house? (where does the water go to?)

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
And his motorcourt... and the fish in the ocean.

So what's the difference between washing your car at home yourself and paying a person to clean your car at your house? (where does the water go to?)

I don't think there is a difference if it's both at your home.

At a car wash, I think there are ordinances to recycle water and that water goes to sewage, not straight to the ocean as many of the residential street drains do.

Thanks all! I ended up taking my car to Checkered Flag on Alton today because I got a tip that they give you a free wash on your birthday ($17.99 value). Sure enough, it was free. Will definitely consider the other options on here for future washes - including the at-home service!

Another vote for fast4xpress here.  When I'm lazy I do the $6 bronze wash

What you want to choose is the option #14

You tell the guy when you are pulling in you want #14.  It's the touchless version of the car wash.  I hate those rollers that have potential to swirl up a car, so touchless is better.  I used to take it to checkered flag but I wasn't sure how often they changed their microfiber towels as it seems they just kept using used ones (dirt on dirty microfiber also scratches)

So after I do the touchless, I just bring my spray bottle mix of (ONR + water) and 2 clean microfiber towels  and 1 waffle towel for drying.  and I used the vaccum for interior.  It's the quick and dirty way.  When it gets busy on weekends, I just park at one of the spots and do my drying there instead of getting rushed.  It's game changing at that cost, the silver + gold is pointless when you bring your own ONR.  $6

Who takes a Ferrari and going through those rollers at Fast 5?  :mad:

o.jpg

Coincidentally, I keep hearing ads on ESPN 710 about an app called MobileWash.

Don't know the cost but they come to your location and wash your car. Maybe YF/BTB is moonlighting. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Coincidentally, I keep hearing ads on ESPN 710 about an app called MobileWash.

Don't know the cost but they come to your location and wash your car. Maybe YF/BTB is moonlighting. :)

Gotta makes those EW motorcourt payment somehow.

lnc said:
Who takes a Ferrari and going through those rollers at Fast 5?  :mad:
OMGWTFLOL!  Too bad the brains ran short before the money did.  Or someone stretched to get into the car.  Like buying a SFR in Irvine and then decking it out with plastic furniture, and that plastic furniture messes up the paint on the house.  That is cringingly shameful.

Or, the owner is so rich that the Ferrari is the 'beater' car.  ;)
So... rollin' rollin' rollin'
But yea, it's not a good look

jayl23 said:
Or, the owner is so rich that the Ferrari is the 'beater' car.  ;)
So... rollin' rollin' rollin'
But yea, it's not a good look

And not even an upgrade to the Platinum wash...shame. Isn't there some car abuser anonymous line we can call to report such an offense?  :-[

Compressed-Village said:
Lake Forest car wash. At the corner of Irvine and Bake by far is the best deal. For $12.95 a month, you can take ur car unlimited. I always run my car thru two times each visit to ensure a complete clean. This is not a hands wash only station. I've been pretty happy with them.

That's a good car wash when you have to go through it twice?  ;)

eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:

That's a good car wash when you have to go through it twice?  ;)

One pass going thru is suffice. I am annal in a sense that because the membership pass is unlimited for the entire month, I like to make good use of it. Most of the cars that I see run it thru once whenever I goes, and it does a good job even for larger vehicle like a van or a F450.

Back