Author Topic: You can't make this stuff up  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Liar Loan

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 125
  • -Received: 105
Re: You can't make this stuff up
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 01:00:35 PM »
I think the next step should be to vandalize the offensive tribute to this mass murdering dictator.  He owned slaves!!

Was he also the general in chief that waged war against the United State in a conflict that lead to the loss of life to approximately one million people?

He undoubtedly killed some of my distant relatives.  Whenever the calendar flips to August, I seethe with anger.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Lender, Abiding Dude.
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 374
  • -Received: 672
  • Make Room! Make Room!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
Eyephone, Germany forbids displays of Nazi era symbols - other than cemeteries which have some symbols that tie to that time period. With the German State slate wiping their past, do they still have freshly minted, living breathing hardcore Nazi's today? You betcha. It's not statues or monuments, but human nature that is at the heart of the issue. Wagner was an anti-Semite. Are most classical music listeners jew haters? If so, how many hours of listening to Wagner did it take?

Should new monuments be raised? Not really, unless in a museum setting for context. What about the old ones? I'd be OK with ringing them with historical context data rather than tearing them down. Everyone has their "tolerance levels" but today, most of the butt hurt beta-males out there have their intolerance levels cranked up to 11.

My .02c 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:57:22 PM by Soylent Green Is People »

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 534
  • -Received: 269
  • Congrats to Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo wedding
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »
Somewhere, somehow, someone, will find it offensive if I raise the symbol below as a monument.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 101
  • -Received: 135
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 10:04:47 AM »
AHHH!!! I have been threatened with lynching....oh wait,..its just a shoe lace.

Police: 'Noose' found in Michigan State dorm was a shoelace

EAST LANSING - An item found on a stairwell door handle in a Michigan State University residence hall and initially believed to be a noose was, in fact, a shoelace, MSU police say.

MSU President Lou Anna Simon released a statement Wednesday morning  condemning what appeared to be an instance of racial intimidation and saying, in part, that "No Spartan should ever feel targeted based on their race, or other ways in which they identify."

By Wednesday afternoon, after further investigation, the university offered a different account of what had happened.

A matching packaged shoelace was found outside Holden Hall, the residence hall where the incident was reported,  MSU spokesman Jason Cody said in a news release.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/10/04/noose-found-outside-michigan-state-dorm-room/732058001/

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1627
  • -Received: 1339
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 12:24:52 AM »
Yup, let's just start giving out the trophies to everyone now.  haha
Martin Mania
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007