Hardwood Floors

emf1315

What is the typical range for hardwood floor installation/materials?  I have a meeting with a few contractors this weekend, and I would like to have a range in mind. 

I understand this is going to be a broad range, because of the various types of flooring out there.  In my last home, we paid $9/sq ft for Urban Floor - Maple Galleon French Bleed. http://www.flooringoc.com/urban_floor_imperial_colleciton_french_bleed_maple_galleon_fb-mg10.htm

I'm looking for a lighter, wide plank oak for the new home.

Thanks in advance!

Is the $9 PSF the material price only, or is it $9 PST material, installation included?

SGIP

emf1315 said:
aquabliss said:
I'd stick with Urban Floor and select a Villa Caprisi, it's 9" wide:http://www.urbanfloor.com/VILLA-CAPRISI/

We have the Trentino and love it, very durable with kids too.

Awesome!  Great choice - lovely hue.  Which contractor did you use for your flooring?  And how much did you pay per sqft?

We used Venetian Flooring, very good quality work but my only regret is they use quarter round instead of taking out the baseboards and re installing them.

I'm used to it now but next house I'll do it the right way.  Sorry can't remember the exact price I want to say $11 and change installed per sq. ft.

With housing hot, even good contractors aren't giving their best service/price anymore. Wonder if I should save some of my upgrade activity for the next time we have a slow down

i1 said:
With housing hot, even good contractors aren't giving their best service/price anymore. Wonder if I should save some of my upgrade activity for the next time we have a slow down

You just have to look around. If I remember correctly. There was a member on TI that found someone on Craigslist to install their hardwood floors.

I've been told by contractors that typical installation costs $4-5/sft, so add the cost/sft of your material and you have a range.

We've been quoted by both Venetian and Hardwood Flooring Depot (qwerferral!), and I prefer HFD's estimate method because they give you all the costs broken down in an email. To Eric's credit from Venetian, he's a really nice guy and very low (or no) pressure.

I think you can do fine with either but HFD also does other flooring if you need it (like tile or vinyl plank).

Back