Author Topic: What new Irvine development after 2023? (after EW, OH, PS, Altair, GP, HC, SC)  (Read 767 times)

Offline Burn That Belly

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 26
Assuming that all of Eastwood, Orchard Hills, Portola Springs, Great Park, Hidden Canyon, Shady Canyon, and Altair is all completely sold out (2023 and beyond) ... then what is left to build in Irvine?

Or are they going to start reclaiming old land and buy out old existing communities (especially some condos where you don't own land), pay people FMV+20% above FMV, then raze them, rebuild them, generate the hype, and charge $700+ sqft ??   I was told some story there are special "clauses" where land could be reclaimed like this, but I don't know the exact procedure.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:07:29 AM by Burn That Belly »

Offline lnc

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 482
  • -Received: 910
Just a few possible land right off top of my head. 

The UC agricultural reasearch facity (south Cost Reasearch and Extension Center) on Irvine Blvd between PP and PS3. 

The farm land and public storage at corner of Jeffrey and Bryan.

Tanaka Farm and maybe some golf courses.  If the land became scarce and price is high enough, lot of things can happen.

Offline Burn That Belly

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
Is the public storage on Jeffrey on a lease? Wonder how long they've been there and when their lease is up. That piece of land seems quite valuable as well given the successes of EW. I think #1, 4, and 5 are easiest to pursue.

These are the one you and I have identified:

1) Tanaka Farms below 405fwy.

2) This water treatment center area around Harvard Ave.

3) Land below UCI Abortum

4) This piece of rather flat land below the 5 just across from Sand Canyon

5) The Odysseo Cavalia Show. This one seems quite valuable too. It's like the mirror land of Laguna Altura.

6) What about this terrain above Stonegate? It's a bit rough and mountainous. But maybe they can grade it and get it to work?

7) Between Sand Canyon and the 133. I believe the left side of land (brown) is discussed to have apartments. The right side of land (green) could also be more apartments? Housing probably won't sell well here overlooking business complexes and the 5 FWY ?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:34:39 AM by Burn That Belly »

Offline lnc

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 482
  • -Received: 910

Offline Burn That Belly

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks

Talk Irvine Links