Lamborghini bursts into flames on Irvine road

lnc

http://abc7.com/automotive/lamborghini-bursts-into-flames-on-irvine-road/2298349/

IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Lamborghini was totaled after it burst into flames on a street in Irvine overnight.

The incident happened around midnight, according to authorities, near Main Street and Jamboree Road. The vehicle somehow caught fire.

Authorities said the driver of the car fled from the vehicle unharmed. The $200,000 electric blue car was on fire for about 10 minutes before firefighters put it out, but it was destroyed.

The cause of the blaze was unknown.

That area is bad luck for sports cars. Same area as the corvette crash /M?nage ? trois. As people have said, nothing good happens after midnight.

Never been a fan of Lambos with the "look at me" styling of the car and bad reliability from what I've heard.  Besides all that, Lambos fall apart at the track.  Porsches FTW!

USCTrojanCPA said:
Never been a fan of Lambos with the "look at me" styling of the car and bad reliability from what I've heard.  Besides all that, Lambos fall apart at the track.  Porsches FTW!

But that Aventador S looks so nice  :(  Fine, guess it's the 918 Spyder then...

Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Blah...don't like hybrid or turbo cars, give me a GT3RS all day long.

morekaos said:
Tesla Model X beats Lamborghini and sets new record in drag race

Tesla Model X and Model S P100DL beat a Lamborghini Aventador in a quarter-mile drag race.
Model X set a new track record for the fastest SUV tested there.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/22/tesla-model-x-beats-lamborghini-and-sets-new-record-in-drag-race.html

Ahh yes, but that's just a drag race. Let's take the 2 cars to the canyons and see which one handles at high speeds and which one flies off the cliff  ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Blah...don't like hybrid or turbo cars, give me a GT3RS all day long.

I see your GT3RS and will raise you to the 2018 GT2RS  ;D I'd really love to take that for a test drive...
darn it these kids I've got, really keeps me from all those tempting 2 seater beasts I'd love to get my hands on.

Paris said:
I see your GT3RS and will raise you to the 2018 GT2RS  ;D I'd really love to take that for a test drive...
darn it these kids I've got, really keeps me from all those tempting 2 seater beasts I'd love to get my hands on.

Considering how you drive, maybe that's a good thing. :)

#ProtectTheBabies

irvinehomeowner said:
Paris said:

#ProtectTheBabies

What?! I take offense to that IHO! I'm a damn good driver and my kids are way safer in my European sports car over those soccer moms in minivans distracted by a million things while driving.
People passionate about driving (including track experience) and car enthusiasts are exemplary on the roads over people that can give a hoot.
Give a girl a break  ;) (btw my kids are very proud of my driving skillz)

Paris said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Paris said:

#ProtectTheBabies

What?! I take offense to that IHO! I'm a damn good driver and my kids are way safer in my European sports car over those soccer moms in minivans distracted by a million things while driving.
People passionate about driving (including track experience) and car enthusiasts are exemplary on the roads over people that can give a hoot.
Give a girl a break  ;) (btw my kids are very proud of my driving skillz)

People would be surprised of how self aware you become after you get instructor training at the track and go out there at speed.  It's like everything slows down on the street and I can almost predict what the guy in front of me will or won't do because I'm so hyper sensitive and have fast reactions. 

Back