Help finding old TI SAT discussion and link

nosuchreality

A few years ago we had a TalkIrvine discussion on either SAT or ACT scores and education.  I've tried numerous searches and haven't found it or the link contained in it, that I really am looking to find.

One of our member's kids as I recall ran the gauntlet, scored a perfect SAT, it was a really good thread that identified the family investment into striving for Ivy.

As I recall, there was a link to a newspaper article that published the names of the students in Orange county that got those scores.  As I remember it, a rather large list.  I'd like to find it again and hope it hasn't been deleted.

Any help appreciated.

Yea, I've gone through most of the threads I had posted in but didn't find it.  Easy to miss when skimming.  What I'm really looking for is the newspaper link, which I'm not having any better luck finding.  Now that I'm thinking about it, the link to the list of results in the newspaper was a sublink off of a main article about the tests.

All of them.  If you look back at comments, I have a reference to the 45 other kids gunning for a perfect SAT.  I didn't pull the number out the air.  As I recall, the number in that year was insanely high.  However common references now talk about 500ish nationwide.  I know the SAT has undergone revisions so I don't know if it's before or after.

nosuchreality said:
All of them.  If you look back at comments, I have a reference to the 45 other kids gunning for a perfect SAT.  I didn't pull the number out the air.  As I recall, the number in that year was insanely high.  However common references now talk about 500ish nationwide.  I know the SAT has undergone revisions so I don't know if it's before or after.

So you expect your kid to get a perfect SAT score?
(talk about set the bar high)

LOL, no. I personally consider a perfect SAT nothing more than you're relatively smart and extensively trained to take the test. It's one of those issues though we're having the numbers and reference right keeps from derailing the discussion.

Back