Selling Model 3 Reservation

woodburyowner

My company won't allow me to get an EV as a company car and I really don't need a "weekend" car so now I have an early M3 reservation that I'm thinking about selling.  Anyone doing the same thing?  What do you think is a fair price?  For sure anyone who wants the car now won't be able to get it before the $7500 fex tax credit expires so there's definitely value there.

I'm not sure if Tesla will even allow reservation transfers. Kind of difficult to profit when the policy is unclear.

I was talking to my friend about this as he has a reservation - but likely won't be buying. Tesla won't allow a transfer. But, it's unclear if you can buy it and then register it in someone else's name.

Flipping isn't beneficial to the seller or buyer as none of them can take the tax credit.

You can use a Montana LLC to flip the car if you buy it so you wouldn't have to pay sales tax but it does cost $1,300 to set one up and register/title the car.

I actually think it's a good thing Tesla doesn't allow transfer.

This way people don't jump the line and it prevents people from profiting from reservations.

Can you get your deposit back?

Back