What to Do When You?ve Picked the Wrong Suburb

Lol, that quote is the authors rationalized projection.

The reality is group think segregation, just like Facebook.

Dr. Florida once knew someone who evaluated suburban towns based on the availability of fresh mozzarella. This may be as good a measurement as any. Are you looking for a Whole Foods and a farmers? market? Do you want to see pickup trucks or Volvo S.U.V.s? A spinning studio or a Planet Fitness? Trump bumper stickers or ?Resist? signs?

?These are useful signals because they help you answer the question: ?Are there people like me here??? Dr. Florida said.

Urban like, baloney.

That article is more skewed to East Coast, namely New York suburbs.

SoCal suburbs are different, esp Orange County and Irvine.

WTTCHMN said:
Isn't this what IHS was predicting with Parasol Park?

our ideas about what suburbs should look like are changing: ?People don?t want their mother?s suburb, where there was tract housing and nothing ever happened. They want a suburb that feels more urban.?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/realestate/what-to-do-when-youve-picked-the-wrong-suburb.html

I do wish there were more urban-feeling areas in Irvine. Obviously there is a huge variety of super-suburban products. But areas where you can walk 10 minutes to grocery/restaurants (and you can see others doing the same), still have great schools, and have 3-4 bedroom living? Not so much.

Most of this looks like it's in the older areas like the Chancellor tract of University Park and The Colony on Walnut. Some areas of Woodbridge as well ($$$$), when that dang Grocery Outlet finally opens up. Oxford Court near UCI, but those condos are ugly imo.

New construction? Maybe Terrazza in OH? It would be better if your kids could walk across the street to Orchard Hills instead of having to drive to TUSD, but I digress.

Back