Coffee Talk

RangeRover

Curious if anyone has tried Trader Joe's latest coconut coffee brew? Just made the best summer coffee in perfection. It's the Trader Joe's newest cold brew coconut coffee concentrate. I'm not a fan of coconut but the flavor is so subtle. I'll add a bunch of ice and mix with a soy vanilla creamer or just plain vanilla creamer to the concentrate. Try it.

Attachments

• coffee.JPG
    coffee.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 195
Interesting. It sounds kind of good. But I'm guessing you have to use it up quickly. Once the container is open, it's probably going to get that sharp metallic taste like day-old coffee.

60338-coconut-cold-brew.jpg

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/coconut-cold-brew-coffee-concentrate

Coconut Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
July 07, 2017 in Category: What's New

When it comes to brewing, what?s the difference between hot and cold? Yes, temperature, of course, but also bite. Cold brewed coffee is never heated. As a result, the oils and acids that are released commonly with heat don?t pass through to the brew.

No longer masked by the compounds that give coffee its famous bitter bite, the nuanced lush, fruity flavors of the beans becomes strikingly more perceptible. With more than 50% less acid than a hot brewed cup, cold brew is truly smooth.

While we?re pro-DIY, the actual percolation and filtration required for a proper cold brew can take somewhere between 12-24 hours. Don?t know about you, but our cup of coffee can?t always wait, so we bottled it!

Working with craft coffee roasters in California, we start with the same medium roast, 100% Arabica bean base as our original Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate. The beans are ground coarsely and specially filtered, then something special happens?natural coconut flavors are added to create a bold, smooth tasting, tropically-inspired brew?namely, Trader Joe?s Coconut Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate.

Mix one part Coconut Cold Brew Concentrate with two parts water or milk, and pour over ice for a lush, tropical hot weather treat. If you want to keep the coffee as concentrated as possible, you can use it to make coconut coffee ice cubes for your iced coffee. And since it?s ideal for adding coffee flavor without the acid bitterness, it?s great for use in baking, marinating, making cocktails or served Affogato-style over ice cream.

We?re selling 16 fluid ounce bottles (enough for four-12 fluid ounce servings when reconstituted with water, milk, etc) of Trader Joe?s Coconut Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate for $4.99. You?ll find them near our other shelf stable coffee products, but only during the summer months.

SoCal said:
Interesting. It sounds kind of good. But I'm guessing you have to use it up quickly. Once the container is open, it's probably going to get that sharp metallic taste like day-old coffee.

It took me about a few days to finish (although I could have down all of that concentrate in a day), and my ice coffee mix was still satisfying.

How 'coconut-y' is it? I make my old cold brew with this: https://www.amazon.com/Takeya-Coffee-Maker-1-Quart-Black/dp/B00FFLY64U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501262496&sr=8-3&keywords=cold+brew

Costco sells it for cheaper and with an extra carafe. I buy beans at Costco and do a coarse grind. Soak for 24 hours and it comes out great...nice and smooth. Hard for me to buy the bottled stuff after doing cold brew myself.

Target has the Burke 1.4 qt cold brew on clearance for $14.99.  Makes little over a quart.  The filter holds a cup of grounds.  Fill it, pour water in thru the filter,  close it and let it sit in the fridge.

Or go old school and just put a 1/2 cup of grounds in a quart mason jar, shake and let sit overnight in fridge.  Dump through your coffee filter in the morning.

85C bakery in Diamond Jamboree plaza has their signature drink sea salt coffee for $0.85 (any size) on Mondays.  Limit 4.
Went there today and there was a longer bread line, since they closed the drink line.  As a result, many people ordered 4 drinks (same price as 1 at regular price) so there was a longer than usual wait.  They posted a sign saying there was a 30 minute wait due to the promotion.  It was mildly entertaining watching them pump out the drinks as fast as they can - make espresso shot, add water and ice, then sea salt milk/cream foam, and then sprinkle of cocoa powder, then off to the drink sealer.  Pretty good drink, might be worth the extra wait. :p
Their taro mochi mooncake was pretty good too.

Back