133/405 (PA18) Medical/Science development

AlexG

With all the surrounding home developments being fully built (Quail Hill, Laguna Altura & Hidden Canyon) would the Irvine Company still proceed with the zoned office buildings on this attractive parcel of land? I would like to hear some thoughts and see what will eventually be built.
The land is flat and seems bigger than the Irvine Spectrum!

It would be nice to have a retail/entertainment development in lieu of the designated medical/science development

The Irvine Co, will do whatever it wants with the zoning. They are now asking to change area 5.5 A, corner of Sand Canyon and I-5 (across from the La Quinta) to build 1700 apartments in the current vacant lot. That would send an additional 500 kids to schools around (Irvine HS, Greentree and Venado). The traffic in the area is already really bad, can you imagine with a few thousand apartments?
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/2...ines-sand-canyon-interchange-face-opposition/

With the great insights of The Irvine Company, I wonder if this area would be rezoned and developed like a Crystal Cove Shopping Center. Its strategically located around the most expensive parts of Irvine (Shady Canyon, Quail Hill, Laguna Altura & Hidden Canyon). Its proximaty to the 405 as well povide easy access and reief of congestion from the Irvine Spectrum Center.

HMart said:
Compressed-Village said:
NJ Christ, Christie, offer a sizable 7 Billion tax incentive. The competition is tough. Amazon sure got everyone aroused.

That guy is corrupt as hell

The combination highest tax incentives and desirable location wins. How is that corrupt?

eyephone said:
HMart said:
Compressed-Village said:
NJ Christ, Christie, offer a sizable 7 Billion tax incentive. The competition is tough. Amazon sure got everyone aroused.

The combination highest tax incentives and desirable location wins. How is that corrupt?

I would say its definitely corrupt if the tax incentive is only for a particular company.  If the tax incentive is for everyone and anyone, then no.

hello said:
eyephone said:
HMart said:
Compressed-Village said:

I would say its definitely corrupt if the tax incentive is only for a particular company.  If the tax incentive is for everyone and anyone, then no.

Okay you can get real also.

The richest real estate developer Donald....not trump but Bren is upping the antes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-jeff-bezos-hq2-donald-bren-irvine-2017-10?utm_content=bufferc38d2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi

spudink said:
But where will they put the tent for that horse circus?
Inside hq2, you know, for when the employees need a coffee break, watch some fancy horse show, baller!

Maybe circus will now be in GP? Will go well with the FEMA amphitheater

eyephone said:
hello said:
eyephone said:
HMart said:
Compressed-Village said:

Okay you can get real also.

You asked how something is corrupt.  Well if someone in govt is providing special "incentives" for a specific person or company, then the simple truth is that it is corrupt.  If you want me to say whether this is real life or not, well then that is a different story.  Unfortunately we all know that real life is corrupt as hell. 

hello said:
You asked how something is corrupt.  Well if someone is providing special "incentives" for a specific person or company, then the simple truth is that it is corrupt.  If you want me to say whether this is real life or not, well then that is a different story.  Unfortunately we all know that real life is corrupt as hell.

Usually we think of corruption as companies bribing politicians, but in this case (and many others) it's politicians bribing companies.

Liar Loan said:
hello said:
You asked how something is corrupt.  Well if someone is providing special "incentives" for a specific person or company, then the simple truth is that it is corrupt.  If you want me to say whether this is real life or not, well then that is a different story.  Unfortunately we all know that real life is corrupt as hell.

Usually we think of corruption as companies bribing politicians, but in this case (and many others) it's politicians bribing companies.

exactly...  corrupt either way. 

Back