NBA 2017-18

J

jmoney74

So Kyrie wants out and also stated he no longer wants to play alongside LeBron?  wow.  Celtics just got happier. 

jmoney74 said:
So Kyrie wants out and also stated he no longer wants to play alongside LeBron?  wow.  Celtics just got happier.

Rare for a starter that averaged over 25ppg on a team that has been to 3 straight championships to say he'd prefer to be the *man* on a losing team.

paperboyNC said:
jmoney74 said:

Rare for a starter that averaged over 25ppg on a team that has been to 3 straight championships to say he'd prefer to be the *man* on a losing team.

I get why he's doing it though.  He doesn't even know if Lebron is staying and can't even get a commitment from him.  It would just be a wasted year for Kyrie. 

This is going to shake up the NBA.  He can put a team over the top and win a ship if the Cavs make that type of move.  Wonder what kind of players the Cavs can get for him. 

I don't want LBJ coming to the Lakers.  I'd rather develop our young core.  Even if this core isn't enough to beat the Warriors.

lovingit said:
I don't want LBJ coming to the Lakers.

Said no NBA fan ever.... EVER!!

LBJ will help the young core more than hurt if he ever does come to LA.

I will not believe any of these "X wants to play for the LA Lakers" theories until I actually see them on the court wearing purple and gold.

Dwight (well, he played for one year but ran away so quickly I forgot he was a Laker)
Aldridge
KD
Westbrook
PG13
Lebron

Who else do we want to add to the list?

irvinehomeowner said:
lovingit said:
I don't want LBJ coming to the Lakers.

Said no NBA fan ever.... EVER!!

LBJ will help the young core more than hurt if he ever does come to LA.

I will not believe any of these "X wants to play for the LA Lakers" theories until I actually see them on the court wearing purple and gold.

Dwight (well, he played for one year but ran away so quickly I forgot he was a Laker)
Aldridge
KD
Westbrook
PG13
Lebron

Who else do we want to add to the list?

Make that two NBA fans.. have plenty of Laker fan friends that feel the same way.  We don't want LBJ!  We want our own champs. 

I'm on the fence, but would embrace Bron if he comes next July. This opinion could change very quickly though. If the Lakers are must-see-TV because they're so exciting (summer league!), and they're winning, I won't be as excited to disrupt the groove by adding a then-33 year old Bron.

Perspective said:
I'm on the fence, but would embrace Bron if he comes next July. This opinion could change very quickly though. If the Lakers are must-see-TV because they're so exciting (summer league!), and they're winning, I won't be as excited to disrupt the groove by adding a then-33 year old Bron.

Maybe we are just spoiled from the ships, but I would like to think of our great Laker players as just most Lakers.  Sure, guys like Jabbar, Wilt, and Shaq were on other teams.. but I only think of them as Lakers.  For LBJ, I still just think of him as a Cav.. even though he won 2 in Miami.  Coming here would be like we hired a goon. 

lovingit said:
I don't want LBJ coming to the Lakers.  I'd rather develop our young core.  Even if this core isn't enough to beat the Warriors.

Lakers need to start winning. (All I got to say)

jmoney74 said:
AW said:
Kyrie to Boston for IT to Cleveland

Celtics to the Finals.

They are set at the 1-3.  Rebounding and defense at the 4/5 is only thing they are missing.  Between Horford/Morris/Ojeleye/Baynes, not seeing it.  To get to finals to the east, you have to battle Thompson/Love.  If you make the finals, you need to battle Draymond/McGee/Durant (not worth mentioning Pachulia lol).  Maybe Tatum or Brown slides to the 4, but I think they are both 3's in the league.  I see a swing at the deadline for a defensive C. But I like the trade for the Celtics besides them including the Brooklyn pick.  The Lakers pick should've been enough for them to bite. 

AW said:
Melo to OKC, kinda interesting

I wonder how this will impact the Lakers chances of landing PG in the offseason.  If the OKC trio plays well, will PG still want to leave for LA?

paydawg said:
AW said:
Melo to OKC, kinda interesting

I wonder how this will impact the Lakers chances of landing PG in the offseason.  If the OKC trio plays well, will PG still want to leave for LA?

Is it a contract year for melo?

Back