Avilla at ES vs Elderburry at PS5

the.irvine said:
Where would you spend 1M+ for <3000 SQFT SFH home, and why.

By ES do you mean EW (eastwood?)

Just depends.  If you like the location of EW, it's going to be a better buy for you.  If you want more value.. PS is going to be the way to go. 

Burn That Belly said:
Stop beating around the bush and let's address the elephant in the room.

Which one of these two are going to bring MAX appreciation at any given point in time post closing?

That's all that matters.

That matter to a lot of people.. but some people do just care for value or location.  Maybe.. just maybe. 

no, maximizing appreciation is not the only consideration. You actually have to live in the home, like the floorplan, etc.

paperboyNC said:
no, maximizing appreciation is not the only consideration. You actually have to live in the home, like the floorplan, etc.

I get appreciation should be very important. It's comparing Irvine to Irvine though. I'll tell you what... Living in a community of Fobs is not that fun. Lol

It depends on how much of price difference between these two.

We should also compares to the next Belvedere in OH3 since all three of them shared basically the same floor plans. 

If Elderberry are close to $200k cheaper than Avila in EW, I'll pick Elderberry.  If the price difference are less than $100k, I'll definitely pick Avila. 

Now there's a Belvedere successor at OH3 coming out pretty soon, and if the price are not too far off from Avila's, this is the one to get. 

Burn That Belly said:
paperboyNC said:

Not really. You could buy the home. Retire early, say 55+. Move in with your sister, brother, ex-wife, etc. Rent a room with them for like $500-750/mo.

Meanwhile, the Avila or Elderberry you bought, you can rent it out. The renter will help you pay 70-90% of the PITI, you top it off with remaining 10-30% of your own money to keep it afloat because you might not completely break even. It still beats paying 100% yourself.

In this scenario, you didn't have to work so hard anymore (for a 9-5 job) because someone (your renter) is doing it for you. This gives you freedom to do other things in life like travel and find an obedient Thai, Cambodian, Vietnamese Asian wife.  ;D  And of course, stock up on the blue bills.  ;D

Oh C'mon now, you are just arguing for argument's sake and give extreme scenario.

After livelong of hard work and accumulating some decent net asset, why would one want sacrifice living standard and just rent a bedroom to live. 

Lol, love YF's scenarios.

Avila is 2400-2800 sq ft
Old man berry is 2800-3100 sq ft

Do we know if OH3 belvedere clone is the same as Avila

I'd get the larger lot/small view/single loaded ones on elderberry. Then cul de sac/larger lot on Avila.
If neither is available, I'd really consider the floor plans (see actual models).  PS5a is a smaller, less dense community + value village. EW isn't in the boonies like PS5a.
Probably pick the value/larger home...

Well if you have tons of cash and resources then maybe it doesn't matter that much. But if you are a single earner, migrant working in a tech, and from a culture where you always think twice before making a big financials commitment then these would be questions when comparing both--

Avilla vs EB

A) Which one will be easier to sell if i have to move/relocate for work
B) Which will appreciate more if you want to move up in 2-3 years from today

the.irvine said:
Well if you have tons of cash and resources then maybe it doesn't matter that much. But if you are a single earner, migrant working in a tech, and from a culture where you always think twice before making a big financials commitment then these would be questions when comparing both--

Avilla vs EB

A) Which one will be easier to sell if i have to move/relocate for work
B) Which will appreciate more if you want to move up in 2-3 years from today

Avila will.

It will be interesting to see if Portola HS comes up and the great park build out rocks. The area will do well but obviously it's just a guess.

Burn That Belly said:
I believe OH3 will be one of the easiest resales in the future for median income dual earner families.

It is basically an Eastwood AMG series with the following specifications:

-Same NW school zoning
-Gated
-Higher elevation and views
-Standard expanded rooms, larger footprint
-JOST connection or ease of accessibility to JOST
-60MPH zone (Jeffrey/Portola section)

One of the plus side of EW and OH3/4 will be that the section between Jeffrey/Irvine Blvd. to Jeffrey/Portola Pkwy has very, very low traffic.

You literally can execute a 0-80MPH launch every day and not get a ticket. Don't ask me how I know.  ;D

This is probably the type of neighbors that this area attracts. Just sayin.

jmoney74 said:
It will be interesting to see if Portola HS comes up and the great park build out rocks. The area will do well but obviously it's just a guess.

"the.irvine" is asking which one will appreciate more in 2-3 years.
Comparing EW and PS as of now and even up to 2,3 years, it's more safe to say EW will have more advantage in terms of quicker resales and appreciations.
PS, while it has lots of potentials, still is developing in the unknown.
For 5-10 years appreciation, no one can guess.
By then who knows what village of even a city will be the next big thing.

But then again, it's not always about the appreciation....
PS in that sense, is a very attractive area.

Back