Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor - Las Vegas 8.26.17 - Lot's of trash talk

One of my buddies is ordering the fight and the 4 of us will split it.  I'm going to be betting 5 figures on Mayweather...can't pass up an easy payday. 

Burn That Belly said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
One of my buddies is ordering the fight and the 4 of us will split it.  I'm going to be betting 5 figures on Mayweather...can't pass up an easy payday.

USC.  That WILL be the EASIEST $15-20 grand you'll ever make in 1 hour.  ;D

I would like McGregor to knock him down a little but ultimately, I think Mayweather will end up dancing around and winning again.

Tax free too if my dad spreads the bets around and has all smaller losing tickets to offset any winnings. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
What are the odds you are betting at?  5/1?

spootieho said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
What are the odds you are betting at?  5/1?

I bet Mayweather -500.  Odds got down to -450 this week but are now back up to -600 as some huge 7 figure bets came in on Mayweather today and yesterday (including Mayweather betting on himself). 

aquabliss said:
Why did the ref stop the fight, let McG get knocked down at least... Weak

Yeah, Connor was going to lose, at least let him lose without question.

He's already using that as an excuse...

Easy winner...I should have bet more.  It was a good fight and I think Connor won the first few rounds, but starting in the 6th round Connor started to get tired and Mayweather was going in for the win.  I wish the ref didn't stop the fight because I wanted Connor to get knocked out. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Easy winner...I should have bet more.  It was a good fight and I think Connor won the first few rounds, but starting in the 6th round Connor started to get tired and Mayweather was going in for the win.  I wish the ref didn't stop the fight because I wanted Connor to get knocked out. 

What odds did you end up getting?  Seemed like odds got better for Mayweather betters right before the fight, I think it was around -285 for Mayweather 30 min before the fight started.

aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

What odds did you end up getting?  Seemed like odds got better for Mayweather betters right before the fight, I think it was around -285 for Mayweather 30 min before the fight started.

-550 but the odds came down to -450 and then popped back up to -600 then fell about to -500.  I never heard it fall below -400 on Wayweather, if it would have I would have told my dad to put more money down on Mayweather.

Burn That Belly said:
I made about two stacks on Mayweather. There was no way the boxing organization would allow a prized champion of 49-0 be defeated by a redneck Irishman. It would insult and embarrass the boxing industry. Not to mention, USA!

Several of my other buddies didn't fare so well. They put a stack or two on McGregor. No bueno.

This fight was about three things. To prove that boxing cannot be dismissed by the MMA, that MMA fighters couldn't last 12 rounds, to make a shit ton of money for all the parties involved. McGregor made reportedly over 10x more than he did on previous fights in the UFC. Everybody goes home happy.

If the odds would have been lower like -200 to -300 I would have probably put more down on Mayweather.  I just didn't want to go crazy trying to put $50k+ down to make $10k since something stupid could have happened.  Oh well, make some good tax free money so I'm happy and dad also made a G-note since I encouraged him to beat since he lives in Vegas and was going to watch the fight at a friend's house.

Back