7 Leaves Feedback

lovingit

Is it me or does 7 Leaves jack you when you ask for no ice?  It's filled like 2 inches from the top. 
I don't recall other places doing this or is this the trend now?

Maybe they're supposed to give X ounces of tea based on the size, so X ounces with ice fills it to the top, but X ounces without ice (same amount) does not.

lovingit said:
Is it me or does 7 Leaves jack you when you ask for no ice?  It's filled like 2 inches from the top. 
I don't recall other places doing this or is this the trend now?

It's like buying a Toll Brothers house without any upgrades.

You feel totally jacked when you first walk inside.

I don't normally care for ice if I'm going to drink slowly.  I don't like my drinks getting watered down.  Usually drinks are normally cold enough that no ice is necessary.

I wouldn't complain if the serving was measured and it isn't full to the rim when ordering no ice.  That said, I might not come back if others fill to the rim and they don't.  It doesn't do the restaurant any favors being that stingy. 

They shouldn't care with no ice request. They do so well so they shouldn't be a jack ass. Typically, I will stop by their Tustin location if I'm around the area. I avoid parking in their Irvine location.

I go to Gong Cha on Culver now. Grand opening was this Fri and Sat.  They give generous servings and good tea.

spootieho said:
I don't normally care for ice if I'm going to drink slowly.  I don't like my drinks getting watered down.  Usually drinks are normally cold enough that no ice is necessary.

I wouldn't complain if the serving was measured and it isn't full to the rim when ordering no ice.  That said, I might not come back if others fill to the rim and they don't.  It doesn't do the restaurant any favors being that stingy. 

Those vacuum insulated mugs do a great job of keeping cold drinks icy cold without watering it down.

lovingit said:
I go to Gong Cha on Culver now. Grand opening was this Fri and Sat.  They give generous servings and good tea.

Gong Cha is where it's at. Many boba places pre-mix their milk teas with sugar already added. If you ask for "less sweet" they just add more half & half. Gong Cha does not sweeten their milk tea mix, they instead add syrup for each cup and you can ask for less or more.

Gong Cha couldn't have picked a worst center, parking there is pretty bad (probably worse now that KangHoDang opened up).

Haven't been there yet but it's sad because another tea/drinks place opened there recently... has that one closed (it was next to Boiling Point)?

Back to 7 Leaves, I used to buy their 1/2 gal black coffee and it would last me a week. You custom your ice the way you want.

Back