Money Magazine's Best Colleges 2017

Well there you have it.. UCI over Harvard.  Going to buy a lottery ticket now.

Having graduated from CSU Fullerton, I wish I had gone to UC Irvine or CSU Long Beach.  But alas, CSUF was less than 10 mins away from my workplace (that paid for my college) at the time.

momopi said:
Having graduated from CSU Fullerton, I wish I had gone to UC Irvine or CSU Long Beach.  But alas, CSUF was less than 10 mins away from my workplace (that paid for my college) at the time.

Since I'm a CSU Long Beach graduate, I'm curious what you think CSULB had to offer that CSUF didn't?  I sometimes wish I had attended UCI, but it was nice to graduate with no debt and the ROI on Cal State tuition was probably the highest for me.  I don't think a B.S. in Finance from UCI is prized any more than one from a Cal State.

Liar Loan said:
momopi said:

Since I'm a CSU Long Beach graduate, I'm curious what you think CSULB had to offer that CSUF didn't?  I sometimes wish I had attended UCI, but it was nice to graduate with no debt and the ROI on Cal State tuition was probably the highest for me.  I don't think a B.S. in Finance from UCI is prized any more than one from a Cal State.

CSULB had better gender ratio, on-campus housing, and proximity to beach and night-life spots back then.  I went to CSUF but dated girls at CSULB.

momopi said:

Don't regret from graduating CSUF. I thought I did before but it's one of the best decisions I made. Well worth it buddy.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm still pushing the IVC > UCI track with my kids.

#IvyAintNothingButABigGiantNumberIllHaveToPayOffForYears

I guess that's the way to go if you are in the 96% bracket in high school and applying to UC.

Also, depends what your kids wants to be/major in.

irvinehomeowner said:
Don't even need to be in 96% bracket with IVC.

There's also America's Got Talent for plan B. :)

Only the top 4% in each participating hs are guaranteed spots at UC. (I assume if they are a star in sports or class president there is a path for them.)

Back