Latest Restaurant Closures by OC Health Inspectors

iacrenter

TI members may want to avoid Krave Asian Fusion and Spicy City in Irvine.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/0...ants-shut-down-by-health-inspectors-july-1-7/

Health permits are suspended for major violations. Restaurants must remain closed until inspectors determine problems have been fixed.
Krave Asian Fusion Restaurant, 2819 Main St., Irvine; cockroach infestation; closed July 6.
Thai Way, 648 S. Harbor Blvd., Santa Ana; insufficient hot water; closed July 6.
Spicy City, 14310 Culver Drive; Irvine; cockroach infestation; closed July 6.
S&B Foods Gourmet Solutions at Golden West College, 15744 Golden West St., Huntington Beach; rodent infestation; closed July 6.
Spires Restaurant, 990 S. Euclid St., Anaheim; rodent infestation; closed July 6, reopened July 6.
BakersBodega, 915 S. Euclid St., Anaheim; insufficient hot water/plumbing in disrepair; closed July 5, reopened July 5.
Source: OC Health Care Agency. See the agency?s database for a full list of closures.

We took a vacation to the Maya Riviera once and stopped in at some upscale restaurant that served Mexican food. I can't remember what all we ate except ONE thing.... they brought lots of courses and one was crickets..... the chippie things.

The waiter tells us they are crickets. My kids and I understood that to mean those things that hop and chirp. My hubby understood it as eat this, it's good.

He promptly popped one in his mouth and chomped away. I was so shocked he ate a dang cricket all I could do was sit with my eyes as big as golf balls and my kids were just saying EWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He says WHAT???

We all tell him U ate a CRICKET!

He says what, no!

We say YOU ATE A CRICKET!!!!!!!!!

He says no, I would never eat a cricket.

Calls over the waiter and says what did u say these are?

He says crickets, sir. Did you try one?

The kids and I all say YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby says oh.......... it was good but decided not to have any more.

We asked him what did it taste like... he says it was crunchy. LOL!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marlon-doll/five-reasons-to-eat-crick_b_13939920.html

Back