Auburn @ Stonegate -- internet provider/bundles

HCM

Hi, will be moving into a yet-to-be-built home in the Auburn @ Stonegate community early next year.  Until then, we'll be in a rental closer to the Spectrum area for about 8 months.  Newbie to Irvine so I wanted to see which internet/bundle (wifi/tv/landline) service provider is fastest and most reliable in the area.  For wifi, there will be 2-3 users, typically using internet for TV (Netflix, etc), tablet usage for kid, PS4 games & most importantly, wifi connections for parents who frequently work from home after the work day, etc.  So higher than basic level of use but nothing crazy. 

We are in Los Angeles now and have been using DirectTV/AT&T bundle for a while.  It's OK but could definitely use higher wifi speeds.  Both my husband and I are tech idiots so we want something easy and reliable.  Thanks in advance for all recommendations/insights! 

HCM said:
Hi, will be moving into a yet-to-be-built home in the Auburn @ Stonegate community early next year.  Until then, we'll be in a rental closer to the Spectrum area for about 8 months.  Newbie to Irvine so I wanted to see which internet/bundle (wifi/tv/landline) service provider is fastest and most reliable in the area.  For wifi, there will be 2-3 users, typically using internet for TV (Netflix, etc), tablet usage for kid, PS4 games & most importantly, wifi connections for parents who frequently work from home after the work day, etc.  So higher than basic level of use but nothing crazy. 

We are in Los Angeles now and have been using DirectTV/AT&T bundle for a while.  It's OK but could definitely use higher wifi speeds.  Both my husband and I are tech idiots so we want something easy and reliable.  Thanks in advance for all recommendations/insights!

Cox has the fastest connections here.  Make sure you call an outside agent rather than Cox directly for the best deals.  PM if you need a contact.  I got mine through the builder here at my house.  Oddly, he not only offered a better price but also a faster speed.  Plus, he didn't charge me a moving fee.

cghirvine said:
You may want to check out ATT Fiber @https://www.att.com/internet/fiber.html
It is super fast & avail. in that area

Unfortunately don't think we can install the fiber at the rental (considering they won't even let us install dish on the building, have to use a tripod) and most providers require a one/two-year contractual commitment. 

HCM said:
cghirvine said:
You may want to check out ATT Fiber @https://www.att.com/internet/fiber.html
It is super fast & avail. in that area

Unfortunately don't think we can install the fiber at the rental (considering they won't even let us install dish on the building, have to use a tripod) and most providers require a one/two-year contractual commitment.

The dish is just one of those draconian Irvine HOA oversight issues about uniformity, but most builds have conduit or at least a pull wire for fiber installers.  Whether you get Cox Gigablast or AT&T Fiber it will require some kind of fiber installation.

Back