Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting  (Read 7626 times)

Offline aquabliss

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 150
  • -Received: 581
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 01:32:30 AM »
I've been intermittent fasting for 4 weeks as of tomorrow.  I'll weigh in, in the morning but I'm pretty sure I'm down about 20lbs. 

I took it a bit to the extreme though.  I only ate 2p-8p but stuck to clean healthy eating during that window (had 1 cheat meal each weekend).  Also worked out regularly and didn't feel any energy issues.  I've never done any type of fasting before but I really like this concept, and it's been working for me so I'll probably stick to it a bit longer. 

Strange after eating this way a week or 2 I found myself craving steamed mix vegetables and a big cup of cold water for every meal.  My go to meals are flame broiler white meat chicken bowl (all veggie, no rice, no sauce), Panda Express bowl with steamed veg and teriyaki chicken (no sauce), and my treat meal would be an Acai bowl with fruit/granola/honey, so good.

I would encourage people to try this, it was one of the easier diets I went on and as long as I drank plenty of water I found myself having much better mental clarity than normal, wasn't overly tired and woke up feeling great every morning, not sluggish like if I eat a burger and fries the night before.

I think my weight loss was a bit too rapid so I'm gonna go a bit less intense but keep to the intermittent fasting concept.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1695
  • -Received: 1369
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »
I've been intermittent fasting for 4 weeks as of tomorrow.  I'll weigh in, in the morning but I'm pretty sure I'm down about 20lbs. 

I took it a bit to the extreme though.  I only ate 2p-8p but stuck to clean healthy eating during that window (had 1 cheat meal each weekend).  Also worked out regularly and didn't feel any energy issues.  I've never done any type of fasting before but I really like this concept, and it's been working for me so I'll probably stick to it a bit longer. 

Strange after eating this way a week or 2 I found myself craving steamed mix vegetables and a big cup of cold water for every meal.  My go to meals are flame broiler white meat chicken bowl (all veggie, no rice, no sauce), Panda Express bowl with steamed veg and teriyaki chicken (no sauce), and my treat meal would be an Acai bowl with fruit/granola/honey, so good.

I would encourage people to try this, it was one of the easier diets I went on and as long as I drank plenty of water I found myself having much better mental clarity than normal, wasn't overly tired and woke up feeling great every morning, not sluggish like if I eat a burger and fries the night before.

I think my weight loss was a bit too rapid so I'm gonna go a bit less intense but keep to the intermittent fasting concept.

Nice congrats, that's a lot of weight to lose in basically a month...you sure you didn't do a 28 day fast?  haha  Anyhow, I'm down like 30-35lbs from when I started in mid-June and that's all diet since I've been so busy and didn't go workout out.  I'm sure my results would have been that much more pronounced if I mixed in exercise.  But as they say, it's 90%+ diet anyhow.  I also found that I sleep better (not as long) and wake up with more energy and feel mental sharper throughout the day.  I don't really call it a diet as I eat what I like (just not high carb and/or highly processed stuff) and rare drink alcohol now.
Martin Mania
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 150
  • -Received: 581
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »
Well done USC.  I was down 24 lbs when I weighed in on Friday.   Correction though it was over 6 weeks not 4, but ya a bit extreme.  I had a celebratory Jersey Mikes sandwich last night, most carbs and sodium I've had in awhile haha, but tasted good.

You're right about both the sleep and mental focus, both of mine are improved as well.  Hope we've both kept it off 6 months from now, that's the real challenge for me.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1695
  • -Received: 1369
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2017, 12:17:54 AM »
Well done USC.  I was down 24 lbs when I weighed in on Friday.   Correction though it was over 6 weeks not 4, but ya a bit extreme.  I had a celebratory Jersey Mikes sandwich last night, most carbs and sodium I've had in awhile haha, but tasted good.

You're right about both the sleep and mental focus, both of mine are improved as well.  Hope we've both kept it off 6 months from now, that's the real challenge for me.

You know, the first couple of weeks I think I lost 7-8 pounds but that was probably mostly water weight as I was going to the bathroom a lot (when you don't eat a lot of carbs your body doesn't retain as much water).  It's been very steady weight loss for me over the 5+ months and I'm fine with that.  I mix things up between going with a 24-hour fast eating once a day to a 20-hour fast eating twice a day to doing a 3-4 day fast every few months.  I have a semi cheat meal once a week like In'N'Out with a protein style burger and fries or a burrito without eating the tortillas or corn tortilla tacos.  I rarely eat bread, pasta, and anything with flour now but I do regularly eat potato, rice (sushi, mexican, etc) , beans, and corn (corn tortillas and fresh popped popcorn) just in lower quantities.  Liquid carbs, except for a rare drink, have been completely cut out.  I'd still like to lose another 15lbs or so but I think I'll have to mix in exercise since the low hanging fat has been lost already.
Martin Mania
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Los Olivos Village by lnc
[Today at 11:06:26 AM]

Re: Pay your 2nd half property taxes this month for tax savings (Congress tax plan) by OCLuvr
[Today at 11:04:13 AM]

Los Olivos Village by lnc
[Today at 11:03:13 AM]

Re: President Trump by fortune11
[Today at 08:27:34 AM]

Re: Tax Bill: by qwerty
[Today at 06:29:10 AM]