Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting  (Read 5111 times)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1595
  • -Received: 1301
Re: Intermittent Fasting
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »
How about having more liquid than solid food? Is it horrible to say that my weekend diet is 70% vino and 30% food.    :-[.

They say that when you are IF'ing, your hungry can be satisfied by drinking water.  What kind of liquid food are you having?  Kale shakes?

On a regular basis (Mon-Thurs), I'll drink chrysanthemum tea, lots of water, coconut water, 2 cups of coffee throughout the morning and have a small solid breakfast (i.e. flax/chia seed bread with butter or jam). I do lose a quite of bit of liquid in the morning after taking a hot yoga class. Then, water throughout the day so that I feel more full and I can control my meal portion. I don't really drink kale or any of those green mixed drinks. I prefer to eat them. I think it's good to do juice cleanse once in awhile, but only if you feel you have to detox.

I think the 3-day fasting that I did where all that I had was water, iced tea, and mineral water felt like a cleanse for me.  The 2nd day was the hungriest and my head felt a little floaty but by the 3rd I felt fine with no much hunger, I probably could have gone on a few more days.  Next month I'll try a 5 day fast.  I do a 24 hour fast at least once a week where I eat once.  My weight has been coming off gradually and consistently as has my gutt.  IF and eat low carbs feels normal for me now with little desire for sweat stuff and a lot of starches (still have some rice, bread, and potatoes). 
Martin Mania
The Force Realty
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Realtor aka Realty King
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1595
  • -Received: 1301
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 11:21:48 PM »
I've done the master cleanser (all liquid diet) for about 3 days straight. Supposed to go a week. People have gone way longer.
After the detox, every food feels too rich.  Can't imagine going straight to kbbq, probably shock the system too much, lol.

speaking of kbbq.  wanna go next week?  ;D

I'm down...
Martin Mania
The Force Realty
CA BRE License # 01799007
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline sell4u

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 05:13:28 AM »
Calories in vs. Calories out.

If you want to lose weight, eat under the calories using your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).  If you want to gain weight do the opposite.

Just remember, you'll never out-exercise your diet. 

Yeah, I tried to explain this to him.  He refuses to listen to it.  One day he'll understand it.

Trojan, read the article below
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
Lost 27lbs in 2 months. 2/3rds of his foods came from "junk style" foods, i.e. eating sugary foods, twinkies, the "insulin spiking" foods.  Goes against everything you're telling everyone in this post.

As myself and this other gentlemen have pointed out to you, calories in vs calories out. 
Do yourself a favor and listen less to every "doctor" on the internet.
As I told you before, if your IF'ing is doing well for you, keep doing it.
But once again, understand the reason why you are losing weight is because you are in a caloric deficit. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:23:01 AM by sell4u »

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 727
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »
Martin have you been working out? If not, I recommend weight lifting! Let me know if you need a program to start with. 
#FARM

Offline jmoney74

• Irvine dude
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 408
  • -Received: 334
  • HOA This!
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2017, 07:32:36 AM »
Martin have you been working out? If not, I recommend weight lifting! Let me know if you need a program to start with.

Is this as good as Tai chi?  Doubtful.

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 45
  • -Received: 137
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2017, 08:06:58 AM »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters