Ferrari won't sell car to Chinese man

momopi said:
$_$

If I had his parent's money (cough cough) I would invest in survival shelters/bunkers locally and investor visa/residency abroad.

David's father, Hing Wa Lee, escaped from the Chinese Communists in the 1960s when he fled from Mainland China to then free British Hong Kong. He became an apprentice jeweler in Hong Kong and moved to LA in the 1980s. Considering the Lee family at one time lost everything to the Communists, they probably are well prepared not to make that mistake again.

Mr. David Lee claims his father swam 37 miles from Macau to Hong Kong using a flotation device at age 13.  Somehow I don't think the son would survive the same trip.  If we ever have a populist revolution here in CA (moving from "far-fetched" to "unlikely but possible"), he'd probably have left on a private jet already.

With future in automation and AI, I don't believe technology will provide solution for loss of human jobs.  Somewhere between now and a future of guaranteed basic income for the majority unemployed, there will be large disruptions to existing socio-economic order.  I've been looking at rural properties as a back-up plan.

momopi said:
Mr. David Lee claims his father swam 37 miles from Macau to Hong Kong using a flotation device at age 13.  Somehow I don't think the son would survive the same trip.  If we ever have a populist revolution here in CA (moving from "far-fetched" to "unlikely but possible"), he'd probably have left on a private jet already.

With future in automation and AI, I don't believe technology will provide solution for loss of human jobs.  Somewhere between now and a future of guaranteed basic income for the majority unemployed, there will be large disruptions to existing socio-economic order.  I've been looking at rural properties as a back-up plan.

https://willrobotstakemyjob.com/

Back