Author Topic: Ferrari won't sell car to Chinese man  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Happiness

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 230
  • -Received: 204
Ferrari won't sell car to Chinese man
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »
Ferrari rejects David Lee, local Chinese jeweler, on his application to buy LaFerrari, because his flashy lifestyle is an embarrassment to the Ferrari company:

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-david-lee-ferrari-20170615-htmlstory.html

Offline momopi

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 262
Re: Ferrari won't sell car to Chinese man
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »
$_$

I think I saw Vertu cell phone for sale at one of the Hing Wa Lee stores he owns.  It was something like $20K+.

If I had his parent's money (cough cough) I would invest in survival shelters/bunkers locally and investor visa/residency abroad.

http://www.businessinsider.com/silicon-valley-billionaires-apocalypse-preppers-2017-1
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:08:49 PM by momopi »

Offline Happiness

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 230
  • -Received: 204
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »
$_$

If I had his parent's money (cough cough) I would invest in survival shelters/bunkers locally and investor visa/residency abroad.

David's father, Hing Wa Lee, escaped from the Chinese Communists in the 1960s when he fled from Mainland China to then free British Hong Kong. He became an apprentice jeweler in Hong Kong and moved to LA in the 1980s. Considering the Lee family at one time lost everything to the Communists, they probably are well prepared not to make that mistake again.

Offline momopi

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 262
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 03:50:09 PM »
Mr. David Lee claims his father swam 37 miles from Macau to Hong Kong using a flotation device at age 13.  Somehow I don't think the son would survive the same trip.  If we ever have a populist revolution here in CA (moving from "far-fetched" to "unlikely but possible"), he'd probably have left on a private jet already.

With future in automation and AI, I don't believe technology will provide solution for loss of human jobs.  Somewhere between now and a future of guaranteed basic income for the majority unemployed, there will be large disruptions to existing socio-economic order.  I've been looking at rural properties as a back-up plan.

Offline peppy

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 54
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 09:44:41 AM »
Mr. David Lee claims his father swam 37 miles from Macau to Hong Kong using a flotation device at age 13.  Somehow I don't think the son would survive the same trip.  If we ever have a populist revolution here in CA (moving from "far-fetched" to "unlikely but possible"), he'd probably have left on a private jet already.

With future in automation and AI, I don't believe technology will provide solution for loss of human jobs.  Somewhere between now and a future of guaranteed basic income for the majority unemployed, there will be large disruptions to existing socio-economic order.  I've been looking at rural properties as a back-up plan.

https://willrobotstakemyjob.com/

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Brush fire burns 12 acres in Irvine by paperboyNC
[Today at 07:33:33 PM]

Re: Irvine Crime Wave by Ready2Downsize
[Today at 07:31:32 PM]

Re: Irvine Crime Wave by jmoney74