New Construction - OK to sign loan/escrow documents before final walk through?

vh5150

We are purchasing a new home in Parasol Park and our close of escrow date keeps getting delayed. We were originally supposed to do the final walk through today and sign documents with escrow later in the day. COE was scheduled for Friday. However, now with the COE pushed back 2 weeks should I have any concerns about signing the documents prior to the final walk through? Escrow wants us to go in and sign everything today. We also wired in our down deposit already since COE was supposed to be this week.

nm I guess everything is changing so no need to sign anything. What a waste of time if I drove down there.

vh5150 said:
nm I guess everything is changing so no need to sign anything. What a waste of time if I drove down there.

congrats on the new home, nonetheless. 

Sorry you are having issues.  In our case we ended up having a 1 week reschedule from original COE but it was communicated early on and didn't get pushed out further.

They seem to be moving really quickly tho, since we moved in (April) we have seen a LOT of activity so hopefully they can pick up the pace and avoid any further delays for you.

See you around the neighborhood!

Back