Tesla Solar Panelled Roof Shingles....Good Or Bad?

That's what I was thinking.  However all the reports building it up was saying it was going to be cheaper than traditional roofing. 

ochomes said:
That's what I was thinking.  However all the reports building it up was saying it was going to be cheaper than traditional roofing.

Are you easily persuaded?

Lol,  I checked their website, they estimated to replace our one story's roof would be $123,000 if we went 50% solar tiles.

Roflmao, that infinity warranty is actually lifetime of your home and comes with 30 year power warranty and 30 weatherizarion warranty.

But can you also make some $$ back selling the unused electricity to Edison? Might make the break even period less.

Paris said:
But can you also make some $$ back selling the unused electricity to Edison? Might make the break even period less.

At 4 cents a kilowatt???

Paris said:
jmoney74 said:
Paris said:

At 4 cents a kilowatt???

LOL! just trying to be positive - justifying the exorbitant pricing

That sounds about right, 4 cents.  I know at the end of the current net billing period, they cash out our accrued credit for a fraction of the dollar.  At least if I use energy, it nets out kwH for kwH, for now.  TOU is coming. 

ochomes said:
Paris said:
jmoney74 said:
Paris said:

At 4 cents a kilowatt???

LOL! just trying to be positive - justifying the exorbitant pricing

Paris, for whatever its worth, I love positive.  It helps the world go round.  :)

Is this what you tell your clients?

The question here is how does the cost compare to traditional solar panels?

Unless it's a new build or you have to replace your roof... this may not pencil (as qwercountant points out).

Once our whole family is driving EVs, solar (with a battery) will be prime time!!

Back