The green farm land is nowadays Cypress Village East. Feel better?

KFpanda5

Bird's eye map caught years ago shows that Cypress Village East is built on the original green farm land. Hopefully it will relieve some environmental hazard concerns.  :)

Attachments

• Cypress Village East.PNG
    Cypress Village East.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
I don't think anyone ever questioned that it was farm land...it's 200 acres directly east of that strip that got everyone esp. YF's panties in a bunch.  There was some seriously irresponsible usage of solvents by the US Military there for 40+ years.

KFpanda5 said:
Bird's eye map caught years ago shows that Cypress Village East is built on the original green farm land. Hopefully it will relieve some environmental hazard concerns.  :)

If you are hiring a person or on a date and you have concerns, simply don't move forward.  ;)
The same philosophy should be when buying a house.

We should have retained more farmland in Irvine for emergencies.

Who am I kidding, we won't have water for the farms in an emergency.

Frankly speaking, public is kind of sensitive sometimes. As an engineer, I believe data instead of word of mouth. A friend of mine, who happens to be an environmental engineer, discloses that GP is nowadays a safe place for living. So, I believe CVE is even better.

KFpanda5 said:
Frankly speaking, public is kind of sensitive sometimes. As an engineer, I believe data instead of word of mouth. A friend of mine, who happens to be an environmental engineer, discloses that GP is nowadays a safe place for living.

Maybe your buddy can share the water and soil test results with you. Then you can tell us?

eyephone said:
Maybe your buddy can share the water and soil test results with you. Then you can tell us?

Good point!

But, he was not involved in the land evaluation project. He did his own research based on the published data and discussed it with his sources. 

KFpanda5 said:
Frankly speaking, public is kind of sensitive sometimes. As an engineer, I believe data instead of word of mouth. A friend of mine, who happens to be an environmental engineer, discloses that GP is nowadays a safe place for living. So, I believe CVE is even better.

Really? Care to share some of this data from this "friend"?  Because last I checked there was huge swatches of the original El Toro base still exempted from full clearance.  They cleared enough to allow GP to move forward, but that doesn't mean they have cleared it all.  There are huge capped toxic tanks not that far from Portola High, which my kids will have to attend.  So if you have this data to relieve our "sensitivity" I would surely like to see it.

Attachments

• El Toro NPL Status.jpg
    El Toro NPL Status.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 180
upon9k said:
Really? Care to share some of this data from this "friend"?  Because last I checked there was huge swatches of the original El Toro base still exempted from full clearance.  They cleared enough to allow GP to move forward, but that doesn't mean they have cleared it all.  There are huge capped toxic tanks not that far from Portola High, which my kids will have to attend.  So if you have this data to relieve our "sensitivity" I would surely like to see it.

Sorry, I don't have the data. That's a conclusion from an environmental PE. Since many are interested in data, I'm happy to dig it out by myself when I have time.  ;)

KFpanda5 said:
upon9k said:

Sorry, I don't have the data. That's a conclusion from an environmental PE. Since many are interested in data, I'm happy to dig it out by myself when I have time.  ;)

This thread just opened up the environmental pandora's box.  ;)

eyephone said:

As eyephone mentioned, digging up additional information is not necessary.  We have discussed this to death in the board.

CVE being farmland was common knowledge, it's the surroundings that people that were concerned about.  Either way, many people (including myself) are happily living in CVE/GP with their families.  ;)

wtfirony?  The OP is an engineer who believes data over word of mouth, yet is making conclusions based on what their friend has stated. 

The only thing this thread does is make me worry I might have been eating toxic produce for years.  Thank goodness they took the farms down and put houses there instead!

eyephone said:

Lol maybe but that was not the intention.  Engineer to engineer when someone calls for data I know I will produce it when I make wide sweeping generic statements that can potentially affect people's lives.  Which brings us to another issue that gets glossed over - when you buy a CalPac property you will see the holder of the title is CDB Investments (as in Cary Donald Bren - yea Donald Bren's son).  People try to make it seem on here so as if CalPac and Irvine Pacific are totally unrelated, with so many negatives about the latter (beige boxes, mediterranean style only, no innovation).  Unless Donald has disowned his son, it's all the same thing if you ask me especially when it comes to the dissemination of pertinent information that could affect their bottom lines. 

daedalus said:
wtfirony?  The OP is an engineer who believes data over word of mouth, yet is making conclusions based on what their friend has stated. 

The only thing this thread does is make me worry I might have been eating toxic produce for years.  Thank goodness they took the farms down and put houses there instead!

LOL. Let's question PE's conclusions. Looks like we have no choice now.  :D

KFpanda5 said:
What PE?  No, I'm questioning the validity of some random stranger's musings on the interwebs.  If I said that my cousin was the CFO at HP, and that they were going to completely smash earnings estimates next week, would you run out and buy the stock?

Prototype said:
CVE being farmland was common knowledge, it's the surroundings that people that were concerned about.

Yup. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12439.msg253917.html#msg253917

clip_image005.jpg

daedalus said:
KFpanda5 said:
What PE?  No, I'm questioning the validity of some random stranger's musings on the interwebs.  If I said that my cousin was the CFO at HP, and that they were going to completely smash earnings estimates next week, would you run out and buy the stock?

Only if you want to be Doug DeCinces' roommate.

KFpanda5 said:
daedalus said:

Did you circle back with your friend?

eyephone said:
Did you circle back with your friend?

I called him the other day. Since he just once verified the data with code/standard long time ago, he didn't save anything but the conclusion.

To answer another question - PE is licensed Professional Engineer.

Back