Did you get a gift from builder/sales office after moving to new home?

pjs4x4

I've seen some pictures of people in their new homes and some seem to have a gift. Was just wondering if that is the case? What did you receive from the builder/sales team?

Yes, I received:

?Tiffany & Co candy dish
?Amex gift card
?Coffee table book "Southern California Coastal Mountains to the Sea"
?A burlap shopping tote that contained all the gifts inside

When I picked up my keys, I gave "thank you" gifts to the sales reps and design consultant. I was more generous with the design consultant, since we literally spent MANY hours picking our options at her office.

Might be related to the price of the home ($600k vs $2m) , or simply a builder to builder thing. (KB vs NHC). Did prior phases get move in gifts? Can those who post add development name?

My .02c

SGIP

Rizdak said:
Yes, they gave me a supplemental tax bill.
Lol

Yeah, random goodies, none of which really lessen the pain of the new monthly housing expense

Do all 5P folks still get bikes

On the poor side of Orchard Hills, IP gives: coffee mugs, gift card to la sirena, amex gift card...about a $150-$200 value.

irvinehomeowner said:
ParasolParker said:
They still do the bikes for GPN...

Are they still orange?

yup diff shades of orange. before they had male/female choices. now just one unisex. still going plenty.

honestly we didn't get jack squat but a thank you card or an apology card (when there was a delay). probably because we ended up negotiating sizable incentives, and a sizable rebate when there was a delay.

funny enough we did got free upgrades which is quite rare. for one home, we got free wrap-around rain gutters so that's worth some pretty penny. during framing walk through they accidentally had an extra can light in one of the bathroom that the super thought we'll get to keep (but they ended up removing it anyways).

for the other new development, we got a free downstairs engineer wood flooring which is also worth a pretty penny.

essentially both items were in the change order during phase 2 (or 3) but we later had them removed as we figured we'll do after close. they screwed up somewhere along the line and the subcontractors had them done anyways. I had to double check both times if it ended up being in the final change order but nope.. free rain gutters and flooring.

oh wait another free item. this one was due to a miscommunication. they had told me it was too late to remove an optional upper cabinet but I had argued that I sent multiple emails in time and had asked for it to be removed. after some back and forth they ate the cost as it was too late to remove from the order and was sent to the subcontractor already.

doubt we'll get that lucky again with these various freebies. the cabinets I understand - the rain gutter and engineer wood flooring - not so much.

rain gutters are an upgrade the builder makes you pay extra for? That's ridiculous . What else can these greedy builders come up with--making people pay extra for doors and windows?

nyc to oc said:
rain gutters are an upgrade the builder makes you pay extra for? That's ridiculous . What else can these greedy builders come up with--making people pay extra for doors and windows?
Medicine cabinets is another one I thought was odd, so used to seeing them standard on older homes

Sunnyirvine said:
Medicine cabinet is an upgrade in new builds

Both rain gutters and medicine cabinets are standard items at Cal Atlantic homes.

Pulte was charging for both when we looked at their homes a few years ago.

I saw a pic from William Lyon Homes the Vine at Portola Springs. Looks like the new owners received something from Tiffany & Co.  I just saw the bag but not the actual gift.

Back