countertops through third-party?

firsthome

Hi everyone!

Been lurking for a couple months now since we signed papers for a Piedmont Residence 1, first time posting! We just started our stage 3 design studio meetings and were looking at kitchen/bathroom countertops. Do any of you know of some good contractors I can reach out to for estimates? Or did you find it was best to just go with the builder for the upgrades? Thinking of upgrading to quartzite.

Thanks in advance!

I used these guys for a small countertop job with Quartz.http://www.surplusgranite.net

They ended up subbing out the job (not sure if this is normal or not) but the subs actually did a good job so I didn't complain.

I negotiated really hard and the sales rep finally gave in, so you can get some ok deals if they are slow enough.

Looking to do this as well. Upon purchasing my unit, the builder already pre-plotted stage 2 - which included upgraded countertops/backsplash in the kitchen and upgraded shower tile and sink backsplash in the bathrooms.

I'm pretty close to doing a rip/replace of the cultured marble counters in the baths, which I personally find hideous. I know I can get a nice slab of pre-fab quartz for a few hundred bucks. Looking for a sub or handyman that can do a good job on fit and finish.

Ending up calling Surplus Granite to schedule an estimate. Unfortunately, they said they couldn't do estimates at model homes. They were pretty helpful w/ giving some rough estimates tho:
  • Labor: $40/sqft
  • Slab = 40-50 sqft
    • Quartz: $1000/slab
    • Quartzite: $3500/slab
  • Demolition: $500-$600

She also said that during demolition, there is a possibility that the sinks will be damaged, so to be aware that you may have to buy new sinks. We've already paid for the upgraded sink in the last stage -_- and so the cost of that + potentially replacing 5 sinks + effort of dealing w/ another contractor will likely not be worth it. We'll probably end up going w/ the builder haha.

Back