4 arrested on suspicion of stealing mail from Irvine gated community

Great job IPD catching the bad guys!

irvine-thefts.jpg

I would rub my fingers on my chin and think.. "hmmmm, that guy with tattoos on his face doesn't seem like a resident."

momopi said:
eyephone said:
momopi said:
Sadly, this is why I still pay for a PO Box at UPS store.

I thought you have the PO box for renters to mail the rent checks?

My Property Manager collects them now and forward the checks to me.

If you didn't have a property manager. The PO box is ideal. Since you don't want the tenant to know where you live.

There must be some mistake. They all look like good kids, especially the guy on the left. They were probably on their way to the library and got lost.

Why not open up a separate bank account at your bank for your rental/s and then give the tenant the account info and have them set up ACH/electronic recurring payments for rent?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Why not open up a separate bank account at your bank for your rental/s and then give the tenant the account info and have them set up ACH/electronic recurring payments for rent?

That's is good advice. But some people are old fashion.

Instead of giving personal home address or work address the PO Box is a good option for them to mail the checks. Unless you want to offer to pick up the check.

eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

That's is good advice. But some people are old fashion.

Instead of giving personal home address or work address the PO Box is a good option for them to mail the checks. Unless you want to offer to pick up the check.

Make them use this:
Https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/account/pay-rent

It's what a good billionaire property tycoon would do

I have one property manager who likes to go pick up the check in person from time to time, so he can do visual inspection of the property.  But he charges $120/mo.

Another property manager only charges $75/mo for her services, but since she doesn't visit the property often & I get mail from the city about overgrown weeds when the gardener slacks off.

I pay for mail box at UPS store so there's someone who will sign for my packages and keep them behind the counter.  I also use it for my bank's mailing address, so when my tenant gets their rent deposit refund check the address on it is my PO Box.

However, if someone really wants to find you, it's not that difficult.  The internet has made stalking easy.

Back