4K LED TV Recommendation???

aquabliss

In the market for a new TV and every time when I think I have the right one, I see an awful review that talks about some feature or issue that stops me from moving forward.

I want to get either a 70" or 75" LED 4k (not ready to spend the $ on OLED just yet)

Anyone with an LED 4k that size that can recommend something? 

I've been looking too.

I've always had success with Samsung and am intrigued by their new 8 series:https://www.costco.com/Samsung-75"-...K-Ultra-HD-LED-LCD-TV-.product.100349458.html

The 7 series is priced a lot better, so I'm leaning towards this one:https://www.costco.com/Samsung-75"-Class-(74.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-LCD-TV.product.100355601.html

If you're looking to be under $2k, I've heard good things about the Vizio M-Series:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-7...h-dynamic-range-black/4859500.p?skuId=4859500

Note, the vizio does not come with a tuner so you can't use an antenna. But, it's a great "bang for your buck" TV.

What do you primarily watch? Movies, Sports, etc? I know the Samsungs are better in terms of black levels, HDR color, and refresh rate.

I was in the market for 70-75 inch tv also and went to Costco to pick one out. Just didn't see myself spending the $$$ that some of them cost. Ended up picking up a 65 inch 4K LG TV for $999 and it's more than enough. I have always bought Samsung but went with the LG.

A lot of the time it comes down the the size of the Bezel and the overall footprint of the TV. The LG was a little thicker but is it worth the extra $2K??? Not for me.

3 months later, the TV is more than good enough for my family needs. Does it have all the bells and whistles... No. But I hardly ever use that stuff anyway.

End of the day, it's all about the law of diminishing returns. Big difference between a $500 to $1000 TV. Very little difference between $1000 to $3000. Over $3K is a different ballpark.

I am like you and over analyze reviews and want the latest and greatest, but most times, those reviews are fake or just people that have nothing better to do but write reviews. 99% of people just buy the TV and use it and forget about it.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah...unless you're doing heavy gaming or have a unique room setup with weird angles or brightness - you're not going to notice a huge difference between a top tier vs mid tier tv.

Thanks guys... I watch a little bit of everything.  NFL, NBA, Movies, Sitcoms, not much gaming anymore. 

My budget is probably $2,300ish, that 75" Samsung 7 series at Costco may fit the bill nicely.  I seem to like LG picture over Samsung though, but not sure if I've seen that Samsung UN75 in action.

If Costco had a few hundred $ off this one, I'd probably jump on it:https://www.costco.com/LG-75"-Class-(74.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-LCD-TV.product.100351134.html

PS9, where's the deals !!!!

Since youre a sports guy.. make sure the samsung is 7000 series and above.

aqua - you should pull the trigger asap on the 7 series from costco. The price on the 75" is the same as 65". Could be a mistake. If you change your mind after the fact you can always refuse delivery and get a full refund.

aquabliss said:
Hmmm, I think it's the right price.  Stopped by Costco tonight and they have the same one on display marked with the same price.

You can also get it here with free ship and no tax:http://www.cliffsdeals.com/Samsung_UN75JU7100F_-_75_LED_Smart_TV_-_4K_UltraHD_1030055.html

Place looks a little sketchy but they actually got good consumer reviews.

I've ordered from a place like this. They are sketch but you'll eventually get the tv. Hi just grab warranty from square trade. I think Costco still sells it.

I used to have a rule that I wouldn't spend more than $1200 on a TV, then it became $1000, then $800.

Now I'm waiting for a 70+ inch TV for $500. :)

I got a 70" Samsung from Costco last year (6300 series, I think). The box was gigantic and barely fit in the bed of smaller pickup truck. Mine is hooked up to a receiver using the HDMI port with ARC. The Samsung remote can control volume and I only need to use the receiver remote to switch between its own HDMI ports.

Image quality is good once you turn off Auto Motion Plus and dial down brightness and backlight. See http://www.rtings.com for tips on how to tune it.

In dark scenes you will see the limits of a an LCD display as it can't generate the darkest blacks. Game of Thrones had moments that looked pretty crappy at times, for example.

On a full white scene (for example, options menu or PC/game use) you will see the limitations of a multi-panel backlight. There's a somewhat noticeable non-uniformity in the whites between LED panels.

Anything vivid and colorful looks absolutely gorgeous on the display.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the purchase and worth the price I paid for it.

Will wait till the June Costco coupon book comes out and hope for a coupon on the Samsung or the LG then I'll probably pull the trigger.

marmott said:
Did you check Frys? They often do no sales tax in addition of discounts.

Yes I think if I wait it out I can get a better deal at Frys perhaps.  I'm on their mailing list for the Promo Codes but it's not often they have the oversized TVs there. 

I've seen 75" for $1,700 no sales tax a couple times but not recently.  Even then they don't tell you the brand name until you go there so I fear it would be a low end Sharp or Vizio.  All they say is "Major Brand Name" in the Ad.

I prefer Frys over Costco because Costco get special Samsung SKUs for the TVs they carry (to avoid buyers to price match in other major etailers/retailers).

It also means the TV will be slightly different (in worst I assume considering the discount) than the normal Samsung TVs.

marmott said:
I prefer Frys over Costco because Costco get special Samsung SKUs for the TVs they carry (to avoid buyers to price match in other major etailers/retailers).

It also means the TV will be slightly different (in worst I assume considering the discount) than the normal Samsung TVs.
Dealing with Samsung and warranties is a pain.  I'd get it at Costco to make sure that Samsung honors their warranty. 

spootieho said:
marmott said:

Dealing with Samsung and warranties is a pain.  I'd get it at Costco to make sure that Samsung honors their warranty. 

I'm leaning the same direction.  Dealing with Costco + Squaretrade will be much easier.

Back