Justified Airline Passenger Removal

Wait a min.  I thought after closing the airplane doors, opening them again costs $20,000.
Did someone lie to me?

It certainly will cost airline something but that good PR is will worth it. 

Smaller airlines are nice to their customers because they have to be. Big airlines don't give a fucque.

The Huntington Beach family removed by Delta also seems justified. The toddler was taking a seat and was not a ticketed passenger. Yes, they did buy an extra seat for their 18 year old child but that person took another flight and didn't check in. In fairness to Delta, if the flight is overbooked you can't have a non ticketed passenger take up a seat. If the parents really wanted their 2 year old in a car seat to have a place to sit, they should have bought him a ticket.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/0...jail-after-refusing-to-give-up-toddlers-seat/

iacrenter said:
The Huntington Beach family removed by Delta also seems justified. The toddler was taking a seat and was not a ticketed passenger. Yes, they did buy an extra seat for their 18 year old child but that person took another flight and didn't check in. In fairness to Delta, if the flight is overbooked you can't have a non ticketed passenger take up a seat. If the parents really wanted their 2 year old in a car seat to have a place to sit, they should have bought him a ticket.
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/0...jail-after-refusing-to-give-up-toddlers-seat/
Delta did right by reselling the seat of a "no show" to someone who needed it. 

That said, they handled it horribly and IMO they put the customer in a bad situation.  Just about everything they told the customer was wrong or a lie or pulled out of their ass.  The customer could sense that they were full of BS.  Had they simply stated that they sold the ticket because it was a "no show", I think the customer would have been more accommodating.  I am projecting here, though.

spootieho said:
iacrenter said:
Delta did right by reselling the seat of a "no show" to someone who needed it. 

That said, they handled it horribly and IMO they put the customer in a bad situation.  Just about everything they told the customer was wrong or a lie or pulled out of their ass.  The customer could sense that they were full of BS.  Had they simply stated that they sold the ticket because it was a "no show", I think the customer would have been more accommodating.  I am projecting here, though.

I doubt that passenger would have been more accommodating. After the United incident, everyone is hoping to cash in and get it caught on video. The uglier the scene the better it makes for a viral video. So sad...

iacrenter said:
I doubt that passenger would have been more accommodating. After the United incident, everyone is hoping to cash in and get it caught on video. The uglier the scene the better it makes for a viral video. So sad...
He seemed quite rational.  Delta was incredibly incompetent at explaining the situation.  Had I been in that seat, I would have acted just like him.  Had they explained the situation properly instead of lying, I would likely have understood and been more accommodating.

Also, I doubt he would have planned on this and been hoping for such a cash out situation when he has a baby seat.  Based on the information I've seen, I would bet money that he would have accommodated had Delta been more clear.

spootieho said:
iacrenter said:
He seemed quite rational.  Delta was incredibly incompetent at explaining the situation.  Had I been in that seat, I would have acted just like him.  Had they explained the situation properly instead of lying, I would likely have understood and been more accommodating.

Also, I doubt he would have planned on this and been hoping for such a cash out situation when he has a baby seat.  Based on the information I've seen, I would bet money that he would have accommodated had Delta been more clear.

Then why video tape the whole event? No one video tapes unless they expect some compesation / redress.

iacrenter said:
Then why video tape the whole event? No one video tapes unless they expect some compesation / redress.
I'm going to have to disagree with that.  A lot more people are recording a lot more these days. If an interaction is going south, it might not be a bad idea to hit the record button.

The recorder didn't come out until after the issue began. 

Back