2017 C-STEM Day

socal78

C-STEM Day is coming up on May 20. Is anyone else here attending this event at University High? It's open to the public.

University High will hold the southern California robotics competition that Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until the awards ceremonies are over around 5 p.m. There are two competitions held in the state. The other location is U.C. Davis. Here is an article from a couple years ago which summarizes C-Stem Day.

SoCal, Jr. was selected to represent his school in competition. I am very sad that I won't be able to make it to the competition! It just so happens to fall on the one weekend per year that I go out of town for the Bible college retreat. Helicopter Mom here would love nothing more than to go and see all of the kids participating, especially for his very first competition. Ugh.

Again, I have to give credit to iD Tech camps at UCI. I talked to the teacher who is leading this group for our school. I told him, "You must be a great teacher because your class is my son's favorite." In return, he said, "I'm not a great teacher. Your son is." Apparently SoCal, Jr. has taught the teacher coding he didn't know. Now the teacher is trying to teach that to the rest of the class. SoCal, Jr. knows the most coding of all the kids so I think he might be leading the group at the competition. They are practicing an hour a day now to get everyone on the same page. While my son is primarily self-taught and self-motivated, the camp definitely helped to keep the ball rolling and refine his skills. Again, highly recommended!

SoCal....for better or for worse...you are a piece of work.  I love it.  No wonder the butcher was in lust for you....you must be the perfect gf, wife, AND mom!  Can't ask for much more than that!

My_Alter_Ego said:
SoCal....for better or for worse...you are a piece of work.  I love it.  No wonder the butcher was in lust for you....you must be the perfect gf, wife, AND mom!  Can't ask for much more than that!

Xanax, anyone?

Back