Johns Creek

WTTCHMN

Georgia Wonders: Will Newcomers Dye the Suburbs Blue?

The white-flight suburb of Johns Creek, out of reach of Atlanta?s transit system, is now rippling with diversity and facing a possible watershed election.

As the number of Asian-Americans has grown, Ms. Enjeti, a freelance writer, has noticed a different kind of white flight, in which people are leaving for neighboring Forsyth County not because minorities are lowering the standards in public schools ? but because they are perceived to be raising them.

?The high school is too competitive,? she quoted one white parent as saying in an online essay. ?My kids won?t get into a good college because of all of the Asians.?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/us/politics/ossoff-handel-georgia-sixth-district.html

There are many Koreans, Vietnamese and Taiwanese from Duluth each year like 10. That is a lot considering there are only 1,500 students each class at my daughter's school.

irvinehomeshopper said:
There are many Koreans, Vietnamese and Taiwanese from Duluth each year like 10. That is a lot considering there are only 1,500 students each class at my daughter's school.

Well, there are hardly any Asian Jesuits in Irvine, but lots of bible thumpers in the South. 

Back