Attempted Robbery at McDonald's Parking Lot

That I knew, I just can't believe someone is willing to go to a parking lot and buy a car from a complete stranger for $50K in cash!

Dresden215 said:
That I knew, I just can't believe someone is willing to go to a parking lot and buy a car from a complete stranger for $50K in cash!

There's a big market for buying used cars.

So what do you suggest to bring when buying a used car? (pack heat, mase, tazer)  ;D

Dresden215 said:
Both parties can meet at the police station parking lot to conduct the transaction, to make sure everything is above board.

BruinDoc said:
Dresden215 said:
Both parties can meet at the police station parking lot to conduct the transaction, to make sure everything is above board.

I have a funny story, one of my friend was selling a phone to a random person responding to his ad online. The person asked to see it, and took off running like he was in track. At the time, my friend had his work shoes on and the guy took off before my friend could take a picture with his other phone. (This was in LA. People were waking on the sidewalks)

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
Meet me in front of police station

Still the guy could of taken off with the backpack. (paper dealer advertisement plates)

true but you just have to take away risk.  most likely there are patrol guys near by.

Meet inside your local bank. Lots of cameras to document your transaction in case of robbery. You can have the bank cut you a cashier's check for the used car. No need to carry that much cash around.

Back