Lumiere at Altair Irvine from Lennar (basement, bridge, covered decks)

capboba

These are neat homes that I'm sure we'll talk about. So I'll start a thread for it.

Official site:https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/california/orange-county/irvine/altair-irvine/lumiere
6 plans, two with basement option. All with covered deck available.
Size: 3,028 sq.ft. to 6,579 sq.ft.

Some highlights includes 3x and 4x with finished basement. 4x with exterior bridge connecting loft to covered deck. Plan 1 with essentially 1 story living, 2nd story is simply access to a covered deck. Plan 3 and 3X with private next-gen suite with its own dining room even. Thoughts of each residence below that I grabbed from my other thread...

Residence 4 with 4x option of finished basement. Highlight also includes a 2nd story bridge from loft (overlooking your courtyard, or basement courtyard if 4x), connecting to the covered deck along with open deck. swanky as F for entertainment. both 4 and 4x screams entertainment home. bedroom 5 has its own private entrance but room isn't connected to main home. loft is also huge at 24x21. either of these homes are modern and will make quite a statement for guests.

Basement:
25186_flp1_lg.jpg

1st Floor:
25186_flp2_lg.jpg

2nd Floor:
25186_flp3_lg.jpg

Residence 3 and 3x are also similar to plan 4 and its 4x brother. 3x gets you the basement. plan 3 differs with its private in law-suite/unit with private entrance and private living room/dining room. semi connected to main home via covered patio area.  in-law suite is probably not the right word. accessory dwelling unit? *shrug*

above the ADU though is a mix of open and covered deck. (with the covered deck right above the private bedroom.. so if you're thinking of stuffing the grandparents there, you may not want to have a night of entertainment while the parents are turning in early).

both plan 3 and 3x has a styled interior bridge too, connecting loft to other parts of the home.plan 3x basement is also a bit smaller than 4x, but still plenty big with a lounge, game room, kitchen area, 5th bedroom, powder room, and wine cellar (plus all the pump rooms - just like what I miss seeing back in the midwest).

Basement:
25187_flp1_lg.jpg

1st Floor:
25187_flp2_lg.jpg

2nd Floor:
25187_flp3_lg.jpg

Residence 1 is essentially a 1 story home with a 2nd story covered deck. Pretty swell if you want a 1 story living with 2 master bedrooms, though obvious drawback is that its only a 3 bedrooms home for a 3k sq.ft. home.

1st Floor:
25180_flp1_lg.jpg

Covered Deck/2nd Floor:
25180_flp2_lg.jpg

Residence 2 is "typical" large home and very standard compared to plan 1, 3, and 4. Still plenty of unique feature given its 4.6k sq ft size. Continues with covered deck as key feature for all of these homes. 3 car garage is also sweet with downstairs master 1 similar in size to upstairs master 2.

1st Floor:
25184_flp1_lg.jpg

2nd Floor:
25184_flp2_lg.jpg

I like that Plan 4 followed by Plan 2 (notice both have 3 garage spaces).

For such a large footprint, I would hope that the 1st floor would have an additional living space but I guess that's what the basement is for.

In this size range, every master bedroom should have dual master closets.

If I was going to downsize further I would consider plan 1 with the dual masters. The sitting area off one of the masters could be used as an office leaving the house with that "master" and another bedroom as guest bedrooms. Second master bedroom with the sitting area... not sure how they get away with calling that a master bedroom with only one sink. Looks like a one master bedroom house with two other bedrooms and a sitting area off one of them.

Not ready to downsize again though but maybe something will come up in another 5-7 years like this.

Man I wonder how these are going to sell.. with all the issues and all.

Our gang's cemetery
YF hazard list
Mellothroughtherooofs

Minus whale throw in Perspective's anti trump protests. 

I like Plan 2 the best. Usually I'm not the biggest fan of the new "traditional layouts". Plan 4X, obviously you can use Bedroom 5 as an office, but I do want a den..

22x22 garages in some plans is a nice touch. Makes a big difference from the minimum 20x20.

Rtlguru said:
paperboyNC said:
irvinehomeowner said:
No way it starts at $1.2m.

Probably more like $1.7m+.

For 3,000 sqft? Here's their competition:http://www.greatparkneighborhoods.com/homes/juniper

Based on the competition 1.7 sounds about right. Remember that it's basically 3000sqft single story so I would guess price would be closer to the walnut floor plan.

Doesn't look like a 3,000sqft floorplan to me unless they are counting some of the covered patios and decks. Walnut is two story? Still only starts at 1.4.

paperboyNC said:
Rtlguru said:
paperboyNC said:
irvinehomeowner said:
No way it starts at $1.2m.

Probably more like $1.7m+.

For 3,000 sqft? Here's their competition:http://www.greatparkneighborhoods.com/homes/juniper

Based on the competition 1.7 sounds about right. Remember that it's basically 3000sqft single story so I would guess price would be closer to the walnut floor plan.

Doesn't look like a 3,000sqft floorplan to me unless they are counting some of the covered patios and decks. Walnut is two story? Still only starts at 1.4.

Yeah looking at it closely, it doesn't look like 3k.

I'm not familiar with walnut - just saw the 1.8 pricing in the link.

Rtlguru said:

Of course the 2nd floor covered area will be included (and the stairs to get up there) in the footage .  If you look at the rendering the 2nd floor covered area has walls.  So the fiist floor is likeley about 2,600 sq feet

Hi everyone, I'm new here!  Does anyone know if Lennar is a reputable builder?  I have googled them and it seems that they have a pretty low rating and have the most complaints among other builders like KB Homes, Toll Brothers etc...

JoleneJolene said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here!  Does anyone know if Lennar is a reputable builder?  I have googled them and it seems that they have a pretty low rating and have the most complaints among other builders like KB Homes, Toll Brothers etc...

I think for the most part you can't differentiate quality by builder. Every builder has crews and the quality will depend on the crew and workers.

Tht said I bought a Lennar home almost 10 years ago. I know they put their best crew on my home because this was right after the markets crashed and homes sales froze.

I have had zero issues in 10 years.

So are the pumps for the rainwater etc that goes down basement courtyard area?

I was wondering where the water that drains into the outside drains go to.

Sounds like something expensive that might break and you have to maintain.

I wonder if it's better to do a 3-story design over basement+2 stories where the 3rd floor has the extra living spaces (media room/game room) because you can connect it to a rooftop deck.

Surprised no one on TI mentioned the grand opening today.

Amazing veggie sliders, pasta salad, half a dozen flavors of gelato while serenaded by a violinist.

2 different models with basements.  Worth seeing and better than the Auburn basement model from Richmond American in Stonegate.

Plan 4x has a separate dining room, wine cellar in the basement, and his-and-her closets.

Back