supacpeon said:
A+++ level trolling, you are truly dedicated to your craft.

Let's start off that he has no business interest in GP area.
The disclosure from the builder(s) in the area warns the potential buyer.
The findings from the numerous research regarding the environmental issues are on the internet. A reasonable person can come up with their own conclusion.

eyephone said:
supacpeon said:

The findings from the numerous research regarding the environmental issues are on the internet. A reasonable person can come up with their own conclusion.

No, supacpeon is on the money, A+++ troll  - anywhere else it would be extreme racism.

eyephone said:
supacpeon said:

The FCB's probably have no idea what they are signing when given the disclosures.  How do you say trichloroethylene in Chinese?  I'd imagine that it gets glossed over (e.g.  the planes were being cleaned and the runoff went into the ground... just sign here).

WTTCHMN said:
eyephone said:
supacpeon said:

The FCB's probably have no idea what they are signing when given the disclosures.  How do you say trichloroethylene in Chinese?  I'd imagine that it gets glossed over (e.g.  the planes were being cleaned and the runoff went into the ground... just sign here).

How about the non FCB that sign it? To me that's shocking. ;)

wait I still don't get it. is YellowFever asian? chinese american? this reads like one of those chinese american being shameful that people that share his ethnicity are assimilating poorly into american culture (specifically southern california / orange county culture, if there's even such a thing)

also do you live in a great park neighborhood? attended any of the community events?

i'm just trying to get your motive so i can understand the point of the post.

i was actually reading it with an open mind and there are plenty of valid points listed in your post. one can definitely argue that it's not healthy to have a neighborhood filled with a sgroupet of people that facilities bad hombre behaviors - but your last aside threw off your point too and got me even more confused.

anyways i'm really curious if you're a resident in one of the GPN or are you just outside looking in and picking out all the bad apples (which there definitely are and I agree with them being issues that needs to be addressed)

I am trying to point out some underlying and slightly contradicting issues that plague the vision of many "Great" plans that future Irvine developers/city planners have and the current mental state of the foreign Chinese buyer. I don't have a solution, I just recognize a problem.

YellowFever said:
I am trying to point out some underlying and slightly contradicting issues that plague the vision of many "Great" plans that future Irvine developers/city planners have and the current mental state of the foreign Chinese buyer. I don't have a solution, I just recognize a problem.

How is this recognizing a problem?  "All of the Chinese FCB are running drug operations, prostitute rings, and are at risk for deportation." 

This is why you are one of the best trolls out there - you constantly fall back on "i just recognize a problem" or "these are just facts", but these statements are total cop outs for terrible assumptions when the premise behind nearly anything you say grossly distorted beyond recognition.  It still has entertainment value, but I do genuinely hope people can filter when you have fun trolling, and when you are actually providing some useful feedback.

Anyways, trying to go back on topic...if you think GP vision will fail, it won't be because of FCBs, it will be because SoCalers simply don't get to know their neighbors.  I've been living in the same location for years, in a small set of just 8 town-homes where I see every person regularly, i still don't know who any of my neighbors are...

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
YellowFever said:

How is this recognizing a problem?  "All of the Chinese FCB are running drug operations, prostitute rings, and are at risk for deportation." 

This is why you are one of the best trolls out there - you constantly fall back on "i just recognize a problem" or "these are just facts", but these statements are total cop outs for terrible assumptions when the premise behind nearly anything you say grossly distorted beyond recognition.  It still has entertainment value, but I do genuinely hope people can filter when you have fun trolling, and when you are actually providing some useful feedback.

Anyways, trying to go back on topic...if you think GP vision will fail, it won't be because of FCBs, it will be because SoCalers simply don't get to know their neighbors.  I've been living in the same location for years, in a small set of just 8 town-homes where I see every person regularly, i still don't know who any of my neighbors are...

Time to look in the mirror then

SoCalers simply don't get to know their neighbors.  I've been living in the same location for years, in a small set of just 8 town-homes where I see every person regularly, i still don't know who any of my neighbors are...
I don't understand that. Get a dog or if you have kids, make some cupcakes with them and hand them out to your neighbors. That's what Ivanka did when she moved into her new washington dc neighborhood.

Loco_local said:
SoCalers simply don't get to know their neighbors.  I've been living in the same location for years, in a small set of just 8 town-homes where I see every person regularly, i still don't know who any of my neighbors are...
I don't understand that. Get a dog or if you have kids, make some cupcakes with them and hand them out to your neighbors. That's what Ivanka did when she moved into her new washington dc neighborhood.

1. What does Ivanka have to do with Irvine?
2. Times are changing throughout the US. Instead of kids playing outside, kids are playing video games or watching YouTube while eating snacks. (My example is to the extreme. I'm sure there are kids playing outside)

YellowFever said:
noMoneyBackin2011 said:
Your reading comprehension is terrible. I never said "All of the...".  I said "They may also most likely have".  That's like saying all black people are criminals and should be in jail. Only a real ignorant person would say that. The correct wording would be "A disproportionately large number of black Californian's end up in California prisons statistically speaking".

noMoneyBackin2011 said:

Well then, you my friend, are part of the problem and confirmed that you do not belong at GP. Ever.  :)

"may also most likely have..." is then followed up with multiple definitive statements.  Anyways, don't think too much about this, I freely support your freedom to say whatever you want, even if you want to negatively stereotype a group you choose to at least partially affiliate with.  Just expect me to get annoyed some of the time (not all of the time ;-)).

As for not belonging to GP, indeed you may be right  :)  Only time will tell if I can continue to afford ridonkulous Mello Roos, Cancer from a TCE plume ~1.5 miles south of me and a few hundred feet in the ground, pwned by formaldehyde from a cemetary that may be up to 1 mile away, get lung cancer from a landfill 2.5 miles away, get lightly poisoned from a not-as-busy (yet!) freeway 2000 ft away, Cell Phone Tower Brain Cancer probably somewhere (better move to a place where Tmobile ATT Verizon and Sprint get weak coverage!), and probably more that i can't think of...I  need to refer to your "for entertainment only" spreadsheet...

...Man i should have just gone to live in Green River area of Corona...

Back