The US does that with all its wars. It just likes to fk stuff up and leave it in ruins. Middle east, south america, asia, list goes on...

Eisenhower warned us about the military industrial complex in his final speech in 1961. War is a VERY profitable business, especially when it's a perpetual war. We're not in wars to win it like in WWII. Heck, the last war we won was in 1945!

I have absolute respect for our servicemen and women, since I come from a military family and so do a few of my friends. I just don't respect the political military personnel at the Pentagon and DOD. My dad is a Vietnam Vet and and served for 20 years. He told me that they were fighting with two hands tied behind their backs in Vietnam.

I remember at the beginning of the Gulf war a bunch of Al-qaeda leaders were hiding in a mosque. The US didn't bomb the crap out of that building because it would have been disrespectful bombing a mosque. I knew then that the end game was not to win. After all, by winning the war, it means that the war must end. According to the powers that be, better to have the war go into it's 17th, 18th, 19th...

Back