Northwood High School in Irvine on Lockdown Due to Phoned Threat

mms2020

Northwood High School in Irvine is on lockdown Thursday afternoon due to an anonymous threat, according to the school district.

Posts on social media just before 3 p.m. indicated the school ? at 4515 Portola Parkway ? was locked down. An Irvine Unified School District official confirmed that to KTLA, saying an anonymous threat prompted the decision.

?A male subject called the business line of the police department and made verbal threats of violence on the campus,? the Irvine Police Department said on its Facebook page. ?Officers are working with school personnel to ensure the safety of students. Students are currently in the process of being released from classrooms one room at a time.?

No one has been injured nor has there been any suspicious activity on campus, police said.
http://ktla.com/2017/04/13/northwoo...ue-to-threat-police-sheriffs-dept-responding/

Was at the corner of Portola/Culver at 1:55pm when I saw a fire truck and about 7 cops cars with flashing lights pass by. Now I know why. Chopper is still flying above.

My daughter sent me a text before it hit the news and said a student w explosives is locked in a bathroom. She said she heard it from the school nurse

Apparently a hoax.

IPD going to be working hard to find out who phoned this one in.

Hope they recover some funds from what was spent.

Back