Plumbing Issue in New Home

Hi,

I need some plumbing help, I think it should be a quick fix but I can't wrap my head around what could be solution.  I have a newer home in Stonegate, and we owned our home for 2 1/2 years but only recently had a baby so we never used 2 of the rooms upstairs since moving in.  Now that we need to give a bath to the baby, we noticed that both upstairs guest bedrooms do not allow the water to go from cold to hot, the water just shuts off or dribbles out when transitioning from cold to hot.  There is a tiny amount of hot water that dribbles out, but not enough to even allow the overhead shower to stay on.  I tried to switch out the hot/cold transition inside in the knob, but even then still have the same issue.  I do have a tankless water heater and thought it might have something to do with that, or the anti-scald device, but I'm not sure, both the upstairs guest rooms have the same exact issue, again, after 2.5 years being in a new home but showers never being used until now.  Does anyone have any advice on what it could be?  Any plumbers that can lend a tip on what direction to look into?  Tripointe has not been any help since it is over the 1 year warranty, but I have a feeling it's a simple fix.

Have you tried unscrewing the shower head to see if there's any debris, which might cause clogging? Check the tankless water heater as well. Unplug the unit and plug back in to get rid of air.

Disclaimer: I'm not a plumber, but recently moved into a new construction home. I experienced similar issues to what you are describing and that's what the plumber did to resolve.

Good Luck

oh la la, found out how to fix it.  Took apart the shower dial (required separating the seal/putty on the face of the dial) and then took out the hot/cold mixer, cleaned it all out and now water is flowing strong with hot water.  Must have gotten stuck due to non use for the past 2.5 years, guess it's like a car that needs to be started every once in awhile to keep the oils in place?  Thanks though racquet

Back