United Airlines Violently Drags Doctor Off Flight Volunteer Not to Give Up Seat

And this one does not even hit headlines in major news outlet (not on CNN or MSNBC -- or could be hidden somewhere -- It was in Huffpost but not really headline) -- If this was of a different race, it would have  been all over the news (and I think the UA staff knows it that is why they would never "randomly" pick someone from those race).

I totally don't understand why they have to pick someone who was already seated .. Either they should have raise volunteer compensation higher and higher until someone volunteers (everyone comfort has a price) OR just sorry for the late comers -- but you can't unload someone who was already seated

From what I gather, they asked for volunteers prior to boarding so a flight crew needed for another flight could use their seats but after the plane was boarded they realized they needed an additional 4 seats and come hell or high water they were going to get them.

Going to cost them big buckaroos.

I swear United is the worst airline, ever!  They have about 100 priority memberships and this is another prime example of their crap.  I hope they get sued up the arse for this.

Ready2Downsize said:
From what I gather, they asked for volunteers prior to boarding so a flight crew needed for another flight could use their seats but after the plane was boarded they realized they needed an additional 4 seats and come hell or high water they were going to get them.

They could have up the price for volunteer -- $1K, $2K, $5K, whatever it takes, sooner or later somebody will take it --  it still cost them a blip compared to the backslash they are getting now.

YellowFever said:
You're saying the computer picked him and his wife who happens to sit next to him.  Hah. The probability of that happening is quite low!

That's what they want us to believe was that they "somehow" had a random number computer generator?  Balloney!!

The "computer" most likely "randomly" picked the people who paid the least for the flight.

that scream though.  lol.  remind me of

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STbhaqsBJB0[/youtube]

The funny thing is he got back on that flight and took it home.

After being removed, the man apparently broke free from the officers grasp and managed to run back on the flight.
Bridges said he reappeared on the plane with a bloody face and seemed 'disorientated'.

Or at least he tried...doh!!

Here the Chinese go again. It's all over China how ALL Americans are so racist. Add this with the recent Air-bnb renter deal etc etc. 'Murica

Ready2Downsize said:

f the flight crew. customers get priority.

Otherwise United, get your logistics right. something so simple turns into a disaster.

United sucks and this only confirms their poor customer service. As others have said, they should have increased the incentive into the thousands to get a volunteer. The poor press will cost them a lot more.

Decades ago, I was bumped from an overbooked connecting flight when I was a kid traveling alone.  This was pre-9/11, before they would use the police to remove anyone that looked at them wrong.  I threw a tantrum and then they go someone to volunteer to leave the plane for me.

--

Last year, I was in vegas and these 2 guys get to the gate.  They are told their flight is overbooked.  One of the two threw a tantrum.  The police had to come in and drag him off.  They also took his friend too, (who didn't do anything disruptive at all).

iacrenter said:
United sucks and this only confirms their poor customer service. As others have said, they should have increased the incentive into the thousands to get a volunteer. The poor press will cost them a lot more.

They could also have not sent those non-essential employees.  The 4 seats were for United employees.  They could have simply called in some other employees elsewhere to do that job.

Yup, he says one thing on Facebook to the customers.  He tells his employees a completely different thing in a completely different tone. 

GH said:
And this one does not even hit headlines in major news outlet (not on CNN or MSNBC -- or could be hidden somewhere -- It was in Huffpost but not really headline) -- If this was of a different race, it would have  been all over the news (and I think the UA staff knows it that is why they would never "randomly" pick someone from those race).

It took a while but it's all over everywhere now... even on ESPN radio (I don't think this is sports news).

Is he really a doctor? That's what I want to know. And reports said his wife was also one of the 4 but I don't see any reference to her. Seems more to the story here.

Seems like someone is going to get a gazillion bonus miles.

irvinehomeowner said:
GH said:

It took a while but it's all over everywhere now... even on ESPN radio (I don't think this is sports news).

Is he really a doctor? That's what I want to know. And reports said his wife was also one of the 4 but I don't see any reference to her. Seems more to the story here.

Seems like someone is going to get a gazillion bonus miles.

How does it change the story if he is a doctor or not? The fact is he was dragged out of the plane.

Back