Asian girl from OCSA gets into all 8 Ivy's

The latest fad now is to be an immigrant, come from Muslim majority country (Malaysia), undocumented, refugee, etc. Gotta ride the Trump train while its still hot.

BTW, unlike this Malaysian hoklo Chinese girl, mainland Chinese are totally not sympathetic to refugees. Mainland Chinese are the least altruistic people on earth.

paydawg said:
If I were her, I'd probably choose Stanford over the Ivy League schools.

Stanford just accepted a kid for writing #BlackLivesMatter 100 times as his essay.  What an impressive accomplishment.

Liar Loan said:
paydawg said:
If I were her, I'd probably choose Stanford over the Ivy League schools.

Stanford just accepted a kid for writing #BlackLivesMatter 100 times as his essay.  What an impressive accomplishment.

That kid was a Muslim from Bangladesh.

He was smart enough to realize that #MuslimLivesMatter wouldn't really resonate.

YellowFever said:
Gawd dayam! That is IMPRESSIVE.

But the sad part? She's going to study English and Journalism. What a waste. This country does not NEED another 'FAKE NEWS' reporter.

What major or career path would you suggest that is less likely to be out-sourced, automated, or replaced by AI?

momopi said:
YellowFever said:
Gawd dayam! That is IMPRESSIVE.

But the sad part? She's going to study English and Journalism. What a waste. This country does not NEED another 'FAKE NEWS' reporter.

What major or career path would you suggest that is less likely to be out-sourced, automated, or replaced by AI?

I don't think there are many jobs that are safe.
The future belongs to people who make their money by OWNING income producing assets, capital, businesses, robots, etc.

Not to people who have to survive by selling their time/labor.

abosch00 said:
so do you pay tuition for OCSA or free for anyone who applies and gets in?

From their website:

As one of the premier arts schools in the nation, the Orange County School of the Arts embraces and encourages artistic creativity and academic excellence. Serving grades 7-12, this innovative school provides a unique nurturing environment focused on individual growth, opportunity, and diversity.

Acceptance to the Orange County School of the Arts is based on a review of the student?s application, academic records, and an audition. Students with a passionate interest in the arts are encouraged to apply. Due to the high number of student applicants from throughout the United States, at this time we are not currently accepting applications from international students.

The school is a tuition-free, donation-dependent, public charter school. No student is admitted or denied based on financial capacity.

Didn't I say that a long time ago. Asian kids in Santa Ana have a greater chance getting accepted to the top schools. I am sure she is not as academically prepared as the average kids from Irvine. She may be future C student at Harvard and that still sounds much better than a straight A student from CSUF.

Back