Recommendations and Review feedback on Van Daele builders (Santa Clarita, CA)

spal888

Hi All,
I am a new member in talkIrvine group and had recently signed a new home this week. And this house is being built by Van Daele in Santa Clarita, california. I was initially asked to  get pre-qual from imortgage which is Van Daele financial vendor and I got approved. I signed the contract and completed the initial formalities. I was told the house would be ready in 2 months. Now, I being an illiterate in mortgage borrowing and also not being familiar with next steps of loan borrowing...I would request any members in this group to please educate me in regards to the next steps like.... any advices to which bank I need to approach for mortgage loans and house buying precautions (especially with newly built homes).

Thanks in advance.

We have just become TalkLA folks.  Santa Clarita is the new Lake Forest  ;D

In response to your question, seems like you got preapproved.  I assume you know your rate.  What's the lock on the rate term? 90 day I assume since house won't be ready for 2 months?  Next step, wait for the home to be built.  Then, it's up to your lender to close on time

Seems you got approved by Van Daele's own lender.  You should hit up Soylent Green Is People.  His logo is on the right of the home page (soylent corporation) for his contact info.  He can help you with your mortgage and I know he can help you close on time

Next, hit up YellowFever to find out all the environmental potential hazards within Santa Clarita

You seem like you already did the signed contract, did you bring a realtor with you?  If somehow you didn't and If they like you and are having a hard time selling, they might let you add a realtor for some buyer agent's credit and you can split some of that with your agent.  Say you won't buy the home without the buyer credit, could be thousands of rebate.  We recommend USCTrojanCPA  for MAX rebate.  You can PM him

Precaution?  During your walkthrough, make sure you look for any imperfections etc
Check what Van Daele's new home warranty is like.  Most of the homes have a 1 year warranty + 10 year or so structure. 

Good luck!

SoclosetoIrvine said:
We have just become TalkLA folks.  Santa Clarita is the new Lake Forest  ;D

In response to your question, seems like you got preapproved.  I assume you know your rate.  What's the lock on the rate term? 90 day I assume since house won't be ready for 2 months?  Next step, wait for the home to be built.  Then, it's up to your lender to close on time

Seems you got approved by Van Daele's own lender.  You should hit up Soylent Green Is People.  His logo is on the right of the home page (soylent corporation) for his contact info.  He can help you with your mortgage and I know he can help you close on time

Next, hit up YellowFever to find out all the environmental potential hazards within Santa Clarita

You seem like you already did the signed contract, did you bring a realtor with you?  If somehow you didn't and If they like you and are having a hard time selling, they might let you add a realtor for some buyer agent's credit and you can split some of that with your agent.  Say you won't buy the home without the buyer credit, could be thousands of rebate.  We recommend USCTrojanCPA  for MAX rebate.  You can PM him

Precaution?  During your walkthrough, make sure you look for any imperfections etc
Check what Van Daele's new home warranty is like.  Most of the homes have a 1 year warranty + 10 year or so structure. 

Good luck!

Soclose toIrvine - Thank you for the response and valuable suggestions. Really appreciated.
I did have a RE-Agent (reference) accompanied when signing up the new house contract.
As suggested, I will contact "Soylent corporation" for my mortgage need.

Back