AP Program Students - Northwood HS vs Beckman HS

Legit949

Are there any major differences in the coursework and test scores involving the AP students from Northwood HS vs Beckman HS? Thank you in advance!

http://www.greatschools.org/california/irvine/13862-Arnold-O.-Beckman-High-School/

AP course participation ? 
33%  State avg: 20% 
Percentage of students passing 1 or more AP exams grades 9-12 ? 
85%  State avg: 60%
http://www.greatschools.org/california/irvine/11032-Northwood-High-School/

AP course participation ? 

33%  State avg: 20% ?????
Percentage of students passing 1 or more AP exams grades 9-12 ? 
94%  State avg: 60%

In a bubble, seems Northwood high has a higher passing rate but not by much.  Outside of a bubble, it's important to consider how many classes they offer and in which subjects etc.  When I went to northwood high, we had ap chemistry, euro history, English, American history, calculas etc etc

Really good bonus when you go to any UC since those Ap classes turn into uc credits

Slightly off topic, but not really...

Students can take any AP test at school whether they are enrolled in the AP class or if the school offers the class.

Also, HS students can take any class at a community college for free and there is no AP test to pass and they are guaranteed college credit. Not every college accepts AP credit in place of its classes

Kangen.Irvine said:

Students can take any AP test at school whether they are enrolled in the AP class or if the school offers the class.

Also, HS students can take any class at a community college for free and there is no AP test to pass and they are guaranteed college credit. Not every college accepts AP credit in place of its classes
About 4 of the classes I took in community college didn't map over as advertised. 

spootieho said:
Kangen.Irvine said:

About 4 of the classes I took in community college didn't map over as advertised.

What courses did you take that didn't give you transfer credit.

eyephone said:
spootieho said:
Kangen.Irvine said:

What courses did you take that didn't give you transfer credit.
Biology, English, History, and another class. 

Back