I don't care about the neighbors.  I'd skip the house due to it be horrible location because every single car for the houses off of decker will rake it with their headlights when returning home.

Although the unit to its left might actually be worse.

Now, *if* this information was actually available, and easily available, then you have the double issue of is it important to you and is it important to the person you'd resell the unit when moving.

YellowFever said:
nosuchreality said:
I don't care about the neighbors.  I'd skip the house due to it be horrible location because every single car for the houses off of decker will rake it with their headlights when returning home.

Now, *if* this information was actually available, and easily available, then you have the double issue of is it important to you and is it important to the person you'd resell the unit when moving.

The location I used above is just an imaginary example.  It could have been any phase.  I was just simulating an idea as to whether or not one would want to know who their immediate neighbors within their motorcourt.

But thank you for your honest insight!

I would certainly disclose it to my buyers if they asked as I'd have no problems because they're going to find out one way or another.

I use a simpler measure.  I just look at the yards, landscaping, their houses, visible vehicles, toys and or open garages.

They take care of their stuff, or they don't.

Not possible in a new build though.

Of more interest to me is how fotb are the circles.    For those circles are zeroth generation, it's IMHO, a very different experience than if they're a mix of Gen 1 & Gen 2.

YellowFever said:
YellowFever said:
nosuchreality said:

So then based on your feedback, I take it you would totally be okay with buying the one in blue if information was provided in a way like below  ;D ;D: And let's assume the builder gave you a GREAT deal, such a great deal you couldn't walk away from... like 15% off of list price at closing and the assumption is you are living there, not rental! The assumption is that you are a first time home buyer looking for a deal for a home and want new construction.

2utp3cy.jpg

Interesting, I can't really speak to your first time home buyer looking for a deal. I'm not.

However even as a rental, I'd think long and hard about that purchase, especially in Irvine.  That is not a typical integrated Irvine neighborhood.  Individual immediate neighbors don't matter to me, if an entire neighborhood skews towards non-integration or towards a mono-culture, that's an area of concern.

Simplifying, if blue unit in that picture of the six group was blue and the other five were black and the rest were mixed like the original picture, yes, I see no reason not to buy it.

That same concern though applies no matter which color that mono-culture group is, including white.

(edited to provide clarity to which part of the post goes towards which prior response.)

YellowFever said:
And that is all the answer I'm looking for. Thank you for your civility and opinion on the matter ;D

So I guess we agree then, that we are judging our neighbors, and their possible, 'potential' undesirable behaviors simply by the color of their skin and not the quality of their character within?  Got it!

I'm judging their behavior, in this case, they've elected to live in a growing mono-culture. :)

I get what you're saying, but I think you're over reaching ( a bit).  In this case, I'm not judging the neighborhood, I'm just the greater SoCal Community's reaction to a segregated neighborhood in Irvine where integrated neighborhoods are expected.

That said, since we can't know their character until we get to know them over an extended period we all make short hand assumptions based on our personal stereotypes and biases. 

I'm not sure I get this part:

YellowFever said:
would you take this phase or pass on the next phase, knowing that the next phase will be a mixture of 'Asian' and 'white' ?

How will you know for sure if the next phase will be a strictly A&W enclave?

do we even really know our neighbors anyways?  All I really care is that I don't have drug lords or the mafia living next door. 

People with loud kids?  People who throw parties?  People who have odd or interesting habits?  People who cook stinky food and leave the window open (okay this might get to me, but I can survive)?  People who grow their own personal weed?  People with a workshop in their garage?

Its called LIFE people....it happens!

Neighbors make a HUGE difference but....it is sheer luck who moves into your neighborhood.  People can and do buy and then rent out, buy and sell in two years or buy and abandon.  Best thing is to have neighborhood get togethers so you get to know each other no matter what differences in ethnicity, age or anything else that makes us different.  Getting to know your neighbors make it a safer place for all.

Back