Stonegate vs Eastwood

irvineempathy

Being so close to each other but zoned for different schools, which among the two is better?  Eastwood new homes versus Stonegate relatively old homes?  After all, new is a relative term...in 5 years from now, EW is also going to get old.

Why is Stonegate so hot?  Will EW join the same league?

I live in stone gate now, I've been in Eastwood. I would say the biggest advantages stonegate has over Eastwood now is the location. Around stonegate it's stonegate east, woodbury, Woodbury town center (lots of people like having Ralph's chipotle la fitness ) etc. around Eastwood .. one side is mobile homes, the other side is old (1970 build) condos in the $500k range, and the plaza is a bit older and more Asian based (Zion). Also stonegate elementary is a blue ribbon school so that plays a huge part of value too. I assume Eastwood may eventually build its own eventually so that may equal out. Though Eastwood has its advantages too. Lower MR and northwood high

Eastwood I think should be equal in value to stonegate soon when everything builds out

jmoney74 said:
Eastwood elementary will open next year I think.
They've started enrollment, so they should open in fall this year for 2017-18 school year.
I don't know what the odds of them not opening up in time but they look to be almost ready...

SoclosetoIrvine said:
I live in stone gate now, I've been in Eastwood. I would say the biggest advantages stonegate has over Eastwood now is the location. Around stonegate it's stonegate east, woodbury, Woodbury town center (lots of people like having Ralph's chipotle la fitness ) etc. around Eastwood .. one side is mobile homes, the other side is old (1970 build) condos in the $500k range, and the plaza is a bit older and more Asian based (Zion). Also stonegate elementary is a blue ribbon school so that plays a huge part of value too. I assume Eastwood may eventually build its own eventually so that may equal out. Though Eastwood has its advantages too. Lower MR and northwood high

Eastwood I think should be equal in value to stonegate soon when everything builds out

Agreed about the school which is yet to open and establish itself...but proximity to Woodbury town center is not much different if you are comparing homes close to Jeffrey trail in Stonegate with Eastwood homes... actually some homes are close to Irvine blvd and Jeffrey in EW..so getting to Woodbury town center is easier

AW said:
jmoney74 said:
They've started enrollment, so they should open in fall this year for 2017-18 school year.
I don't know what the odds of them not opening up in time but they look to be almost ready...

Is this going to be traditional or year round school, do you know?  Could not trace this info on IUSD website

irvineempathy said:
AW said:
jmoney74 said:

Is this going to be traditional or year round school, do you know?  Could not trace this info on IUSD website

Not year round as far as I can tell:
http://www.iusd.org/schools/

Shows EW under elementary but not under year round

AW said:
irvineempathy said:
AW said:
jmoney74 said:

Not year round as far as I can tell:
http://www.iusd.org/schools/

Shows EW under elementary but not under year round

Traditional schedule for sure

I also like that EW is a smaller community, has no rental apartment complexes, and it's a little more convenient to pop over to the culver plaza or tustin market place while still being close to WTC.

YellowFever said:
dream16 said:
8) 8) 8)YOu can walk to Woodbury Town Center from Portola Springs - Willow in 10-15 mins !

nobody in their right minds is going to walk to WTC from PS and carry 8 bags of groceries back on foot... and nobody is going to walk there to get something at Home Depot or go to LA Fitness and walk back.... 

I hate it when people say "Yeah, you can walk from the south side of Jeffrey (Quail Hill) all the way to Woodbury".  Sure you can!  Any human can!  The problem is, they're not going to do it because it sure as hell ain't convenient.

Agreed.  Walk in leisure time is fine but for that, you go to the trail and not to WTC....for running errands, you always take your car, just in case you need to get somewhere else.

YellowFever said:
dream16 said:
8) 8) 8)YOu can walk to Woodbury Town Center from Portola Springs - Willow in 10-15 mins !

nobody in their right minds is going to walk to WTC from PS and carry 8 bags of groceries back on foot... and nobody is going to walk there to get something at Home Depot or go to LA Fitness and walk back.... 

I hate it when people say "Yeah, you can walk from the south side of Jeffrey (Quail Hill) all the way to Woodbury".  Sure you can!  Any human can!  The problem is, they're not going to do it because it sure as hell ain't convenient.

LMAO, stuff like this Cracks me up  :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D , FYI: People do walk-jog and it doesn't always have to be in your own neighborhood where you have paid the HOA for cleaner streets lol, and its funny how everyone's ok running on a treadmill at LA Fitness but apparently has all the issues in the world walking or running from PS to Woodbury Town Center ...lol.. and i have seen older asian folks 3-4 times walking with a cart (stuffed in with some groceries) from PS to there, but again my point is not that you walk and do groceries and break your back, but if you just want to stroll around, eat something and walk - its possible and people do it (from a back-way alley of PS)

YellowFever said:
dream16 said:
YellowFever said:
dream16 said:

LMAO, stuff like this Cracks me up  :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D , FYI: People do walk-jog and it doesn't always have to be in your own neighborhood where you have paid the HOA for cleaner streets lol, and its funny how everyone's ok running on a treadmill at LA Fitness but apparently has all the issues in the world walking or running from PS to Woodbury Town Center ...lol.. and i have seen older asian folks 3-4 times walking with a cart (stuffed in with some groceries) from PS to there, but again my point is not that you walk and do groceries and break your back, but if you just want to stroll around, eat something and walk - its possible and people do it (from a back-way alley of PS)

Out of the 10,000 possible humans that live in PS/PS3 how many actually walk/jog to WTC every day?  maybe a handful at best.  You make it sound like it is as much as the joggers who walk/bike from stonegate's JOST to woodbury JOST.  Now THAT gets a ton of traffic.

My point is, nobody in their right minds buys in PS and then convince themselves "Hey, it's so close to WTC thats it's a "comfortable" walking distance and gets my cardio going.  That is NOT a selling point to buy in PS!  I have friends and my wive's coworkers who rent/live in PS and they do tell us it's a drag to live up there due to distance, coming down and going up sand canyon or just going to Zion market or what not.  They only did it cuz price is cheap.

You may be talking about the people who are more active, but we all know FCBs do not go out jogging or jogging that far for that matter like it's "so nice".
Honestly, I haven't seen anyone walking to/from WTC with 8 bags of groceries; EVERYONE goes in a car

"I have friends and my wive's coworkers who rent/live in PS and they do tell us it's a drag to live up there due to distance, coming down and going up sand canyon or just going to Zion market or what not.  They only did it cuz price is cheap. "

[/quote]

Fix is coming soon--One FREE ramp on 133/Great Park Blvd. PS/PP/PS3 can take ridge valley and never see those dirty trucks on Sand Canyon ever again :). And, if Irvine blvd also becomes free, cherry on cake.

Back