Thats a pretty conclusive list but since we're getting morbid shouldnt we also say something about the pesticides used on the avocado groves at Orchard Hills and that Laguna Altura kinda falls under "living close to freeways" even though its uphill from the 405 and pollution magically goes away from there because the community has experienced miraculous appreciation since 2013.

You should consider giving each of these detriments a point value then based on combined points, rank the most dangerous places to live.

You make me want to move to Baker Ranch.  Maybe I'll call Mike at Lexington or whatever his name is.  Oops wait, he's right next to the toll road.

I would rank living close to mother-in-law a greater health risk than coyotes.  Gave my wife quite a bit of stress.  As we all know, stress is not good for health.

Stonegate seems pretty close to the Bowerman Landfill -- in fact it's the same distance from the landfill as Portola Springs.  Does Stonegate need to be included as a place to be concerned about?  Eastwood Village is also equidistant to the landfill compared with certain parts of Portola Springs (i.e. Cressa). 

OCLuvr said:
What stops landfill air to reach Stonegate which is just 0.5 miles away from Portola Springs?

Good question.  Just like Laguna Altura there is a magic force field that surrounds communities priced as "premium" that dissipates said landfill air from reaching virgin lungs of the children living there.  Unfortunately, PS is lacking this protection.  ;D

Are you suggesting that since wind is in the direction of Stonegate for next 15 days, it is okay to live in Stonegate?

Got it. So, I guess you are putting Stonegate in same basket as Portola Springs.
However, I appreciate your effort to tell people about health concerns. But I guess we are missing the elephant in the room: FOOD.

YellowFever said:
Smg2012 said:
In your opinion, where is it safe to buy in Irvine?

My top choices:
Hidden Canyon
Turtle Rock
Turtle Ridge
Shady Canyon
Orchard Hills
Laguna Altura

These are my 2nd tier choices:
Northwood Point
Northpark (Away from 261 fwy)
Northwood (Away from 5fwy)
Eastwood
Woodbury
Stonegate

I cannot recommend Quail Hill due to exorbitant amount of crime (do a search on Nextdoor, lots of home burglaries).  My coworker who used to live there told me that one of the banks in the plaza was robbed 3 times in a year.  This is mainly due in part to the proximity of the 405fwy being so close to Quail Hill that it makes it super easy to get away fast.

The top choices are all "expensive" neighborhoods in Irvine.  Makes me think harder when people say "you get what you pay for"......

YellowFever, why aren't UP, WD, WP on the list?

Back