• Post grad masters

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • No college

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

We always talk about this, but it would be interesting to see the actual mix of education of TI posters.

I allowed for post grad education or no higher education at all. I may have misses some other options.

You can pick up to 5.

I think most people can guess what my educational background is (or just look at IrvineDream's spreadsheet).

Edit: Allowed picking up to 5 to include post grad education.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think most people can guess what my educational background is (or just look at IrvineDream's spreadsheet).

Nope! I consider myself somewhat of an amateur expert in Iho-ology. Even after a decade, I would still fail this question on an Iho Pop Quiz. You are shrouded in mystery! And you like it that way. The only thing I could say with certainty is that it wasn't Ivy league. I know you're also open-minded when it comes to your kids attending community college. That's an indication but this section is still blank on my own Excel sheet (along with age, weight, and singing ability...) If I had to guess, though, based on your upbringing, it would be a Cal State w/ a Bachelor's. Do I get a gold star?

I'd suspect many (most?) Irvine folk have grad degrees too, complicating this question a bit, or are you asking solely about undergrad?

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Nope! I consider myself somewhat of an amateur expert in Iho-ology. Even after a decade, I would still fail this question on an Iho Pop Quiz. You are shrouded in mystery! And you like it that way. The only thing I could say with certainty is that it wasn't Ivy league. I know you're also open-minded when it comes to your kids attending community college. That's an indication but this section is still blank on my own Excel sheet (along with age, weight, and singing ability...) If I had to guess, though, based on your upbringing, it would be a Cal State w/ a Bachelor's. Do I get a gold star?
Didn't IHO go to one of the Claremont Colleges?

Perspective said:
I'd suspect many (most?) Irvine folk have grad degrees too, complicating this question a bit, or are you asking solely about undergrad?

There are options for post graduate. That's why I made it up to 5 choices... you can say junior>state>private>Ivy>post grad. :)

Results are interesting.

Not really scientific but a good mix, with many post grads too which jives given the educational/job level of some posters and the high prices of Irvine housing. :)

The guy who said "no college" is probably the richest of us all - some business tycoon, self made millionaire

eyephone said:
What's consider other?
(Graduated HS, didn't graduate HS, college in the process)
Dropped out of college?

I dunno... I always add "Other" to polls because there is always something I didn't think of.

http://www.businessinsider.com/harvey-mudd-college-curriculum-computer-science-2017-3

Mudders makes more than Cardinals or Crimsonites. Asian parents take note for 4 years in a row Mudders have the highest ROI but not so much of a bragging right to impress other uninformed Irvinite parents that their kids got into Mudd.

Happiness said:
SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

irvinehomeshopper said:
http://www.businessinsider.com/harvey-mudd-college-curriculum-computer-science-2017-3

Mudders makes more than Cardinals or Crimsonites. Asian parents take note for 4 years in a row Mudders have the highest ROI but not so much of a bragging right to impress other uninformed Irvinite parents that their kids got into Mudd.

Happiness said:
SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I think you can spin college results many different ways. Some parents may look at this other list and think potential for earnings is higher.

http://www.businessinsider.in/The-20-Universities-That-Have-Produced-The-Most-Billionaires/articleshow/42733554.cms

But ironically, there's a huge shortage of applicants. One of my friends is a fire captain in the Southbay and says they can't find people to fill jobs.  He said Kids these days turn their nose up at the starting pay. Go figure, millenials.

Firehouses Raise Alarm Over Lack of Young Recruits

Number of volunteer firefighters has fallen nearly 10% from 1984, while call volume has tripled

http://www.wsj.com/articles/firehouses-raise-alarm-over-lack-of-young-recruits-1487932206

Back