Great Park District 4 road/lot map on Redfin/Google map + upcoming retail spaces

capboba

Thought this was interesting. Redfin has uploaded some of the latest non-public Google map data for upcoming streets/lots. Saw it a bit ago and decided I'll take some screenshot and share. Below carved up according to memory of what I saw. Apology in advance for the lime green.

Ufl5VMN.png

You can long see the lots being carved up awhile back on Google Map satellite view already, and you can get as recent as Nov 2016 from TerraServer: https://www.terraserver.com/view?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_text=33.683940%2C+-117.720215&searchLat=&searchLng=

The new neighborhood will feature some interesting items, particularly a new retail space/location at the corner of Pusan Way / Irvine Blvd

• They'll repurpose that warehouse and it'll be a mixed used building, with retail spaces and parking spaces surrounding it.
  • Mixed of single family homes in one area, then detach condos below the SFH
  • Retail space will be surrounded by attach/detach condos. the ones right below the warehouse/retail spaces are motorcourts home in a shared main driveway/plaza ala Legado in PS II
  • New park looks to be similar (if not slightly larger) than current Beacon Park
  • Small park below retail spaces, appears to be part of GPN (re: private park but its open space anyways)
  • More connecting trail / walking path from parks to parks then finally to retail space

what I like about 5P is that they are incorporating nice walking/biking path connecting all neighborhoods. starting from Pavilion Park to Beacon Park to Parasol Park then to this new neighborhood. You'll find it from North west of Pavilion Park neighborhood down through its park, across the pedestrian bridge, through Beacon (st) into Beacon Park neighborhood, then it'll branch down from Beacon (st) to Parasol Park, or to the east via Benchmark to the new neighborhood (District 4) and then eventually to the retail space.

i suspect they'll keep the theme going through new future neighborhoods too

I'm more interested in what's going into that retail space as it's going to be by 5P
Starbucks perhaps.
Trader Joe's would be great.

AW said:
I'm more interested in what's going into that retail space as it's going to be by 5P
Starbucks perhaps.
Trader Joe's would be great.

I think a coffee place would probably be a given but don't recall seeing a building with sq ft that will fit a trader joe, which is too bad. but who knows. the market hall in that repurposed warehouse should be one of those popular warehouse-style mix eateries/stores places. think packing house in anahiem, union house in tustin, liberty public market in san diego etc.

jmoney74 said:
Where that cemetery at???

;)

below C street and below those attach condo area near the retail spaces.

it'll be interesting to see if the land swap will happen now that there are some new ppl sitting on the irvine council that are obv favoring more to 5P vs TIC.

Here's some info about the type and number of residential units they are planning to build here.  Total of 1102 homes was proposed.

Attachments

• GP District 4 Product Types.jpg
    GP District 4 Product Types.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 661
I just don't see a Trader Joe's landing there due to its proximity to the Woodbury location. Perhaps Whole Foods 365 would fit in well. I also think the renovated Woodbridge Town Center could benefit from a similar style store.

Does anyone know when District 4 will start to build models & sell?

Will 5 points wait until Parasol Park mostly sells out?

Thanks!

A little more detail to the map above...

"District 4 will have walkable neighborhoods with sidewalks, Trails, Bicycle Lanes. There is a trail extending from District 1-North through the Upper Bee, along Benchmark that goes through the central park and on to the Warehouse area. Sidewalk provides access through the middle of District 4 and includes link to private parks. Pedestrian cut-throughs. The trails will connect students to the Beacon Park School and Portola H.S."

"An added feature to District 4 is the inclusion of Warehouse 415. Warehouse 415 is an existing structure that is intended for re-use for community event space, flex space, and a market hall similar to other redeveloped buildings throughout Southern California. Located in close proximity to Irvine Boulevard, the 39,150 sq. ft., single story building will include a 2,400 sq. ft. roof top deck. Proposes seven Quonset huts, a caf?, and bike hut on the Community Commercial site. The reuse of Warehouse 415 is a sustainable alternative to new construction. And the adding the Quonset huts is a nod to the military heritage of the overall development."

district_4_1.jpg

district_4_2.jpg

Kangen.Irvine said:
I just don't see a Trader Joe's landing there due to its proximity to the Woodbury location. Perhaps Whole Foods 365 would fit in well. I also think the renovated Woodbridge Town Center could benefit from a similar style store.
I was at the town center over the weekend and a couple people running the stores said they hear that Trader Joes is coming there (not official).  Would be a great spot for it (that said I'm a legacy woodbridge person and have nostaligia as it relates to the center and just like Woodbridge a lot, even though I'm not a big fan of many of the floorplans there). 

I love everything about BP and FP and how they are doing things, with two exceptions (somewhat noteable / key).  Mella roos is just beyond absurd and I do have major hesitations regarding the land, especially as you look out at these future projects. 

The Great Park neighborhoods shaping up to be the greatest Master planned of Irvine. Proximity and amenenities abounds within walking and biking distance.

In regard to tax, no one like to pay extra tax, period. I am one of those, too. But I keep on watching as infrastructures around the Great Park neighborhood built, and are underconstructions, the visions path lies ahead for this neighborhoods of Great Park. It will guarantee sounds investments for generations to come.

I don't look at my current house as an investment currently, rather it is a great place to live and raise a family. FivePoints hit home run.

Bullsback said:
I love everything about BP and FP and how they are doing things, with two exceptions (somewhat noteable / key).  Mella roos is just beyond absurd and I do have major hesitations regarding the land, especially as you look out at these future projects.

I'm sure if 5P has their way they wouldn't have absorbed so much of the great park development cost into the mello roos. I mean, the park was suppose to be completed to a certain degree but all those money got wasted away.

I didn't live at Irvine during the time, but man what a joke that whole mess was. Billions gone poof and the people responsible was defiant all the way out of the door. It could have been a pretty amazing park that may have been comparable to NYC's central park, SF's golden gate park, or SD's Balboa Park..

but now its just a bigger sports park and eventual golf course. Ah well.

As a witness to the maturing Irvine villages and the infancy of GP. The restamping of the same mold for housing and retail on the Irvine Ranch made the entire city too predictable. Once you been to one village you have already seen them all. Element of surprises and discoveries encourage pedestrian activities at the GP where there will be no parks, neighborhoods, retails and commercials alike.

Attached map of the District 4 parks, while we're waiting. Bocce ball, anyone?

Attachments

• District 4 Parks.PDF
    438.6 KB · Views: 442
More info on warehouse 415 from the five points site:
"WAREHOUSE 415
Plans are underway to renovate Warehouse 415, a landmark of the former US Marine Corps Air Station El Toro. The historic warehouse is envisioned to become a food hall where residents and passers-by can explore cuisine from around the world. Warehouse 415 is planned to include an indoor/outdoor artwalk and park space, with multiple seating areas, a rooftop deck, open space, and test kitchens that residents can rent."

Back