Homes not Appearing on Google Maps/Redfin/etc.

Hey everyone,

I moved into a new home in Cypress Village East late last year, but Google Maps has still not updated to show the home (not even the streets) and Redfin has not picked up the address yet. 

How long does it typically take?  Why do some communities show up well before they are even sold (e.g. Beacon Park)?  I'm assuming this has something to do with the builder not preemptively taking action.

This has caused many of my online purchases to be delayed/undeliverable (yeah i know, first world problem) and providing directions a big hassle. 

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue and what you did to resolve it.  Thanks!

id_rather_be_racing said:
Hey everyone,

I moved into a new home in Cypress Village East late last year, but Google Maps has still not updated to show the home (not even the streets) and Redfin has not picked up the address yet. 

How long does it typically take?  Why do some communities show up well before they are even sold (e.g. Beacon Park)?  I'm assuming this has something to do with the builder not preemptively taking action.

This has caused many of my online purchases to be delayed/undeliverable (yeah i know, first world problem) and providing directions a big hassle. 

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue and what you did to resolve it.  Thanks!

Takes about 6 months to a year

It took a year for our street to be referenced on Google Maps (we are in PS).

The delivery companies got it right much earlier than that. Having a street with the same name in Aliso Viejo didn't help though.

Wow - I severely underestimated how long it would take for the home to pop up.  I've got the same problem where my street number and name also exist in Newport.  Guess I'll have to play the waiting game til then

When Google got my last house on the map it gave incorrect directions. Took another few months to get that fixed.

Submit a help ticket in Google maps. I think submitting as an error gets it looked at faster than adding a new place.

id_rather_be_racing said:
Hey everyone,

FWIW it depends on map/data source. Beacon park didn't take that long at all, between 3-6 months to show up fully?

Redfin, powered by Google Map already has upcoming Cypress Village East street in its map as a grey shadow (non finalized streets). I forgot the exact process, but once data sources are confirmed from officials then it'll show up accordingly on Redfin, then eventually public-facing version of Google Map.

Even when the streets etc are in, the input address may not correspond exactly until data sources match up. Best bet to show ppl how to get to your place is via longitude and latitude points vs giving them the address, and link them accordingly.

Here's an example of Redfin map of Cypress Village East via Google Map data points:

h41LAxX.png

I imagine it'll show up sooner rather than later.

Back