Petaluma or Marin ?

If you have young kids or going to have kids in the future, don't you want to have the master bedroom in the 2nd floor so its close to other bedrooms? 

I'm afraid Marin plan 1 with down stair master might limit buyer pool when you want to sell in the future since this type of home (size and price point) targeting first time buyer/ young couple with very small children. 

lnc said:
If you have young kids or going to have kids in the future, don't you want to have the master bedroom in the 2nd floor so its close to other bedrooms? 

I'm afraid Marin plan 1 with down stair master might limit buyer pool when you want to sell in the future since this type of home (size and price point) targeting first time buyer/ young couple with very small children.

Good point. This was one big reason we didn't go with La Vita- we have young kids and did not want a downstairs master so far from their rooms. Except la vita plan 1 all others had this set up. I think there are a lot of families that prefer an upstairs master and laundry room.

Paris said:
lnc said:

Good point. This was one big reason we didn't go with La Vita- we have young kids and did not want a downstairs master so far from their rooms. Except la vita plan 1 all others had this set up. I think there are a lot of families that prefer an upstairs master and laundry room.

+1 on the young kids issue.

also I like to sleep with windows open and even though Irvine is supposed to be safe, I would still feel safer doing so in a second floor master bedroom.

When you have young kids, they will run to your room at night at odd hours.  If your bedroom is separated by stairs, that's just an emergency room visit waiting to happen.  If you have a gate on the stairs, they'll end up lying at the gate until morning.

Also, kids cry a lot at night.  You'll end up going up and down those stairs in the middle of the night.

YellowFever said:
These are all valid points about the downstairs masters and upstairs kids bedroom problem.

But then... how come Marin is selling so well?  The sales office is telling me they plan to sell beyond 2018 with more extensions.  I was like  :eek: :eek:

Petaluma is a hot seller but seems like Marin's got the Trump train behind it as well.

I'm guessing both homes hit a "sweet spot" (within IUSD confines atleast) regarding house size and affordability.  USCTrojanCPA -- do you agree?

Residence2 floorplan in Marin has the master bedroom upstairs with a guest bedroom downstairs. Two secondary bedrooms upstairs besides the master bed. Having the guest bedroom downstairs provides good privacy. Decent sized secondary bedrooms that I have seen in new construction.

YellowFever said:
Do appraisers/appraisals factor in big lots, driveways in their appraisal report?

What about the "different" elevation types.  For example, if one unit has balcony but the other one doesn't.  But floor plan wise is identical. 
Yes, but it's nominal of the models are identical.

Rule #1: Buy what you like... do you prefer 1st floor master or 2nd floor master?

Rule #2: Buy what you can afford... if the monthly difference doesn't break you, then see Rule #1.

YellowFever said:
Alright guys.  We're gonna drop a deposit tomorrow at Luma.

But just to make sure, the trailer trash across the street aren't going to be zoned or re-zoned to Eastwood elementary right?  ;D

Was under the impression that you made a decision on Petaluma over a month ago.  ;)

Back